Broadband provider

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Piff

MB Enthusiast
Car
Porsche Macan S
I'm now able to change broadband/telephone provider (at the end of a 12 month tie-in)
I thought I would probably go to Sky
But then Plusnet get good reviews
But then TalkTalk is seriously cheap

Any opinions for or against any of the above?

Not the cheapest but BT fibre optic very quick if it's available in your area. I get up to 40mbs on WiFi.

I'm with Plusnet on fibre and it's been a very good service. Advertised as 40Mb and I get 38Mb. Never had any problems and there tech support is good (my connection played up but it was my router not them).

Talk Talk, the worst CS in the universe.

BT, pretty good.

That's all I know.

EDIT: Free sport too with BT

Last edited:
We switched to BT Infinity (fibre) last year ... no problems at all. Love the fact that you can set individual internet access times for any device connecting to the router - this is great for the kids' phones, iPads, etc.

You get free use of all their Wifi hotspots too - that included the Wifi at the Hilton hotel I spent a week at recently (which normally you have to pay to use).

Went back to BT after a shocker with 3. I had to threaten legal action to get out of a 3 contract that simply was not sustainable bordered on miss selling.

Sent from my iPhone using MBClub UK

ive been with plusnet for a few years,only had 1 problem and that was a faulty router and although it was over 12 months old they sent me a new one the next day,excellent customer service

I prefer Virgin fibre over BT as they don't limit p2p download during the day.
This matters a lot if using torrent.

Was with BT originally, but their stupendous customer services made me change to Sky and had no problem since.

I know a few people with PlusNet and they really rate their service, so much so that I'm thinking of jumping ship.

They are all as bad as each other, but at least BT own their network.

PlusNet is owned by BT, but runs as an external customer, so has the same issues in terms of Openreach as Talk Talk etc. They are great on issues which don't need Openreach input though.

I have been with TalkTalk for 6 years, its cheap, and fast, i know there are lots of problems reported all over the net, but i have never had any issues.

I had Talk Talk in the guise of AOL. My speed was supposed to be up to 8Mb. In fact I was lucky to 2Mb. Swapped to BT, I now get 6Mb. Same line, same socket. Half the price.

We switched from Sky to BT Infinity I. We get a steady 37-38 Mb.

Virgin Media if you can get it in your area or BT Infinity

After initial issues, BT has been good as gold.

Good, steady service, unlimited and unthrottled broadband.

I just squirm in case something does go wrong leaving me no option but to contact their customer service department...I have a feeling my opinion of BT may slightly change then.

I switched from Virgin to BT Infinity a few months ago - best decision ever. I had had enough of virgin's false claims of "unlimited" - when in reality they do traffic shaping and throttling of downloads if you exceed a certain limit.

If you get the larger infinity packages, there is no throttling anywhere...

After initial issues, BT has been good as gold.

Good, steady service, unlimited and unthrottled broadband.

I just squirm in case something does go wrong leaving me no option but to contact their customer service department...I have a feeling my opinion of BT may slightly change then.

Just remember

BT Group

Mr Gavin Patterson Chief Executive

Email [email protected]
Telephone 0207 356 5000
Fax 0207 356 6650

I give customer services one go, then email the CEO. He has a whole team, and they notice when he gets involved.

Saying you work for Watchdog can also get results. I was on the other end when a BT Product line launched. We were 24 hour support and had training, but not as much as the day chaps.

Had a phone call one day from a high up office about a chap on watchdog complaining about their speedway modem not installing. I suggested best no-nonsense fix was to get him a different type.... Apparently this was the wrong answer...:confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom