Broken drivers side clear indicator on W202 C220CDi (2000 reg)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

420SE

Car
W202 C220 CDi
Gents, I have noted that the clear light cluster on teh drivers side of the car has a crack / hole in it. Naturally I wish to replace this ASAP to stop anything leaking into the light and to preserve the car, which is in otherwise excellent shape.

A quick search on eBay and I came up with these two:

MERCEDES C CLASS 1993-2001 (W202) Clear Indicator on eBay (end time 22-Jan-10 10:48:36 GMT)

and:

MERCEDES C-CLASS (W202) FRONT INDICATORS CLEAR O/S on eBay (end time 07-Feb-10 16:17:33 GMT)

I have 2 questions:

1. Am I correct in assuming that either of these will fit a 2000 plate W202 C220CDi Sport?

2. Do I go for a genuine albeit used Mercedes Benz part, or do I go for a new lens, but from an unknown manufacturer / brand?

Thanks in advance! :D

Yeah both fit, i'd go for the original part as its nice to know its propper MB stuff but I imagine the pattern part (other one) wouldnt make too much difference.

If it was something safety critical then I'd swear by the MB stuff but for an indicator cluster its a good saving of £6 quid!

My W202 is the same year as yours. I replaced both of my indicator covers a couple of years ago. I bought the same OEM (Bosch) units as were originally fitted to the car by MB, from Euro Car Parts for <£30 in total (<£15 each). The MB stealership wanted £42 +VAT for EACH one.
If you have an ECP nearby, it could be worth a call/visit. Neither of the eBay items you listed seem to be OEM (?).

Just found this lot: the BOSCH are circa. £30 each+VAT, and a company called ASTRID is £14 or so+VAT.

:)

Have you tried eurocarparts for brand new ones?

Get those in your ebay listing, if they are complete gash then send them back!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom