Broken exhaust bracket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cls350doc

Car
cls 350
Hi,

Car is CLS 350 W219 2006. This morning, heard metallic noise from back from cold start up.

Looked below and looks like the middle section bracket has broke off the pipe. The pipe itself is ok.

Anyone got any suggestions? Either welding of it back on or maybe someone to fabricate the bracket and weld.

Been researching online, but difficult to know where to go.

I'm in Wembley.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance!

Find a exhaust place to weld the hanger back on.

This what I did recently when my left backbox was hanging and hitting the heat shield, cost me £25-£30 to get it sorted.

Find a exhaust place to weld the hanger back on.

This what I did recently when my left backbox was hanging and hitting the heat shield, cost me £25-£30 to get it sorted.

Any idea where in London?

You can buy brackets and a u clamp @ Halfords if your stuck.

Had something similar recently on the CLK. The exhaust plate said its a very common problem. The exhausts last for years but the brackets welded to the pipe corrode through. For ours they welded a good bracket from an otherwise shot Astra exhaust. Apparently the actual brackets are common to lots of vehicles

Had something similar recently on the CLK. The exhaust plate said its a very common problem. The exhausts last for years but the brackets welded to the pipe corrode through. For ours they welded a good bracket from an otherwise shot Astra exhaust. Apparently the actual brackets are common to lots of vehicles

Any idea where in London?

I don't know in London.

I went to Fast Fit in Basingstoke (I always go to them for any exhaust work).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom