Broken glass/plastic rear windscreen

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

blaser24nig

Car
Stunning SL350
Hi everyone, As per the title, I went to play footy today and my car was sat under the sun for about 3hrs. When I finished playing, I decided to show off and drop the magnificent roof only for me to hear a 'clunk' sound from the rear area, I stopped immediately and on inspection I noticed the glass/plastic on the side of the rear windscreen had broken off. Now the questions;

Is it an easy fix?
Can I just glue it back?
Is it costly?
Is it only a dealership job?

car: SL350 2006 facelift. Picture below...

Lewisham-20110724-00215.jpg

Hi,
part available from MB not sure of cost, but some threads on here on removal. Basically push/tap at bottom near boot and clips release. Fit by reversing the pushing/tapping. Inspection of the new part will give a better idea.
I guess it was not fully located and expanded in the sun heat so that an edge caught when you moved it?
Don
I think this is the part number for N/S 2307920330
this may help
http://mbworld.org/forums/sl55-amg-sl63-amg-sl65-amg-r230/398426-r230-side-trim-replacement-diy.html

Last edited:
Hi,
part available from MB not sure of cost, but some threads on here on removal. Basically push/tap at bottom near boot and clips release. Fit by reversing the pushing/tapping. Inspection of the new part will give a better idea.
I guess it was not fully located and expanded in the sun heat so that an edge caught when you moved it?
Don

Wow, Thank you very much, that seems the reason. Off to the stealership tomorrow then...

Hi,
Don
I think this is the part number for N/S 2307920330
this may help
R230 side trim replacement DIY - MBWorld.org Forums

Thank you very much, the part cost £50 and was an easy fix thanks to ur link...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom