Broken Laser on W204 2009 c-class Navigation - need new unit :(

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

johnnyfinlandia

Car
Mercedes c-class estate 2009
So I bought a shiny used black c class estate. I have been using for a couple of months now. Lovely car with 2.1 auto diesel. Anyway recently started to have a few faults.

The second and most costly is the laser went so merc says it needs to replace whole unit at a cost of 2200 euros plus fitting. Originally they said warranty but have backtracked and now say they will only pay half. So as it stops the navigation and some features of mobile I am thinking can I find an alternative or just live with the failure.

If anyone knows this fault or has any ideas of solutions or oem suppliers or indeed if they are easy to replace please let me know.

Thanks
John

If you bought it as a warranted used car from an MB dealer then I would say it should be under warranty, I presume 12 months, then hassle them.

Hi artyman

I bought the car off a dealer in Germany (not MB) so yes I will check but as I imported (to my home in Finland) and I know normally for exported cars the warranty does not exist.

But yes I should check that and I will do when I get back home. (I am away fo 2 days).

The Mercedes guy here in Finland (MB Dealer) did say MB in Munich were very quick in saying they would replace straight away - as if there had been a whole load of defects with this laser (and hence whole unit replacement).

I already had one front sensor go and had to be replaced (and that definitely wasn't under warranty and cost a small fortune (€450 fitted).

i am happy with the car (well my wife is as it is hers) as it just really does everything but when small things stop working and it is only 4 years old then doesn't bode well :(

I had the older model (2004 car) in 2010, and it was nice but manual and no where near the nice layout of the cabin with this one.

The Part number is A204900591080.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom