Broken Rear Passenger Headlight Range Height Suspension Sensor for C204

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mcrC204

Car
2012 C220 CDI AMG Sport Blue Efficiency
First time posting guys, any help would be greatly appreciated.
I have a C204 2012 Merc C220 CDI AMG Sport Blue Efficiency and recently failed MOT on a broken "Rear Passenger Headlight Range Height Suspension Sensor".
The sensor itself is fine, but after chatting with a few guys apparently this is common fault among new vehicle with self leveling xenon lights, but the plastic link has snapped and as such headlights are constantly going all over the show.
I have attached a few pictures of the part that needs replaced.
Ive been advised and seen on some forums that I dont need to spend £150 on a brand new part just for the new sensor, ive seen some second hand parts on ebay for around £30 but these are for an E-class and GLS etc. Not sure if these parts will fit or not.
So was hoping if anyone has had a similar experience and could advise or even know where i could get the specific part i need.

Heres a link to the ebay part im referring to (again this is for a 2016 model, which i highly assume wont fit my c class as mine is 2012, but for reference sake and idea of what im trying to explain lol.

Needed Part.jpegactual broken part.jpeg

The sensor on the car should have an MB part number stamped on it. If it's the same part number as the one on eBay, it will fit....

You can also try one of the free online Electronic Parts Catalogue (EPC), e.g.:

ive checked them and can only seem to buy the whole unit.
A 212 905 29 02
is the part number... but i only need the bit thats broken.... ive read this is a common problem among audis/merc's with self leveling lights.
There has to be a fix or another cheap part with the plastic bit and bracket...

So you're looking to replace just the small (broken) arm?

And you're asking if the arm from a different MB sensor will fit the sensor in your car?

Or alternatively if there's a repair kit to be bought that includes only the arm?

I don't know the answer, but someone else might.

So you're looking to replace just the small (broken) arm?

And you're asking if the arm from a different MB sensor will fit the sensor in your car?

Or alternatively if there's a repair kit to be bought that includes only the arm?

I don't know the answer, but someone else might.
Yeah thats exactly what i mean man! Has to be something... £150 on for the sake of broken bit of plastic is crazy.

Open eBay and type in the search field:

Mercedes Benz C Class replacement ride height sensor repair link

It will show various options.

IMG_3296.png
Think my rear level sensor arm is broken too, looks like it’s snapped attached a picture of it, is the screenshot I got off of eBay the right stuff or am I looking at something else?

Here’s the eBay part is it the right one

Attachments

• IMG_3295-compressed.png
    IMG_3295-compressed.png
    138.8 KB · Views: 3
Just been told mine is cracked, is it an easy job changing the arm

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom