Brooklands

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

talltimtam

Anyone been to the Brooklands Musuem ?

Whats it like, would a 5 year old enjoy it or get bored ?

Thanks

Great place to go, you have cars and planes there, MB world next door and Cobham bus museum 5 mins down the road.

Anyone been to the Brooklands Musuem ?

Whats it like, would a 5 year old enjoy it or get bored ?

Thanks

It is great! Loads to see and do. If the 5 year old has any interest in cars then you be fine.

You can also bring him along on the AMG/off-road experience, but cost is £150.

Even my girl (who were 13 at the time) loved it.

I was there a fortnight ago and its well worth a visit. The Brooklands motorsport and aviation museum is right around the corner from the MB site - though you have to pay for the former. It might make a nice trip out to do one museum in the morning and the other in the afternoon.

I recon he will like it, and will enjoy sitting in the cars and shouting 'daddy can we have one' :)

Also the driving display at 1:00 most days is good.

See "London GTG" tread for pictures of the place.

I think the OP is referring to the Brooklands Museum, not MB World.

I think there is definitely plenty of interest for kids and adults alike, and you can always spend a few hours in MB World as well while you're there.

The Silver Arrows display at 1pm is only during school holidays btw

Brooklands Museum is very good, but I wouldn't say that 5 year olds are it's core target, and I think there is stuff there that you would want to spend longer looking at if you didn't have a 5-year old in tow. It's not cheap either (IMHO).

Having said that, our then 3-year old enjoyed Concorde so much that he threw up on it! :eek:

I think the OP is referring to the Brooklands Museum, not MB World.

I think there is definitely plenty of interest for kids and adults alike, and you can always spend a few hours in MB World as well while you're there.

The Silver Arrows display at 1pm is only during school holidays btw

Must focus on work and not keep eye on forum.....sorry,

My kids loved it when theyt were younger, in particular being able to on the various planes they have, including Concorde.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom