Brown spots on car bady like ear wax ..anyone have this .

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Had a number of reports like this! Usually because the heated vein designed to vent any fluid overflow into the atmosphere had failed and consequently the contaminated ice that had built around the vein broke off when the aircraft entered warmer air, usually during descent. Never any unfrozen lumps though. Aircraft galley and sewage systems are totally separate. Brown ice (galley ice) good or, at least better, blue ice (Raccasan, a blue chemical used in aircraft sewage systems) bad. For some reason quite a few reporters felt that ice particles had to be kept frozen to aid identication. I particularly remember speaking to a young constable from Reading who had retained a large sample for us to pick up. Her sergeant had told her that the blue ice was as a result of grease from a departing aircraft from nearby Heathrow freezing as the offending beast entered colder air in the climb and then dropped off. Said constable had placed the evidence in the police station fridge awaiting our attendance. Once I told her what it really was, I believe that quite a few team sandwiches, also stored in said fridge, were disposed of. I could feel her trying to wash her hands as we spoke. Not sure what she subsequently told her sergeant!

Grumpydriver Thats more like it we do get lots of aircraft overhead along with helicopters coming and going .. Every time it rains,, i go out and dry the car off , silly yes, but thats just how i am . Dried the car off and 20 mins later i went out for something from inside the car , and the wax spots were back on the car again . but more of a yellow this time . Its time to cover the car over for the winter .Need to fill the tank and give it a bottle of RedX to get her off to sleep ..

I get these spots occasionally on my white car which is garaged most of the time I have always put this down to spiders or insects.

Robin

I need to reattach the underside door fairing running underneath both passenger doors. Do I need to buy/replace the special fixings?

Chesterpiglet i dont feel so bad about in now, knowing you get s--t on also over in France ,, haha I will need to get some analised to find out for sure ..Ted if this is fly crap then the flys have very big bums ....

analised…… :oops:……. Sounds tricky:eek::D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom