Brown Trouser Mod of the Week .....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poormansporsche

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
W209
Despite a long search I have not been able to track down a nice wood and leather steering wheel for the CLK. So I thought hey ho S Class ones are cheap and around the same sort of age. There is no info about the swap so I studied pics and the plugs all seemed the same so bought a wheel and airbag and would give it a go

Today was the test run to see whether the S Class airbag would blow up in my face !!

Airbag plugged in and roped to the CLK wheel as I couldnt screw it down and didnt want it flying out like a Exocet Missle if it fired !!

img20130611144926331.jpg

To say I $hat myself when I connected the battery and turned the key would be a minor understatement

But fortunately all seems ok - no airbag lights and the switches work the computer fine so the nice wood steering wheel is off to the trimmers

So as it stands a W220 airbag does work on a facelift W208 but longterm update to follow once fitted properly !

Brett

You are brave man to have this metal shackle between the airbag and your face.
If anything was to go wrong, this is the first think that will ricochet in your direction.

noscaredhands-1.gif

[YOUTUBE]vFpRknl0qWk[/YOUTUBE]

Last edited:
Safety last ! :crazy::D

?? Why tie it down like that?

If its going to go off it would have caused more damage. I assume you were not Sat in the car when you turned the key ??

The metal was moved to the back ! I was outside the car behind a handy mattress when i turned the key !!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom