Brrrrr....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

st13phil

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
His - Denim Blue A220 AMG Line Premium / Hers - Obsidian Black R172 SLK55
5.5 degrees this morning according to the outside temp display. Heated seats on... sorted :D

Really looking forward to scraping frost and ice off the car in the mornings again before I can drive to work. Not :(

I hate this time of year, one can feel the onslought of winter and days shortening. Still there is summer 2009 :D

Really looking forward to scraping frost and ice off the car in the mornings again before I can drive to work. Not :(

An old piece of carpet or cardboard held on the windscreen with the wipers should minimise this dull job :)

most diesels have the pre heater and so warms up instantly anyway...

petrol owners must suffer in silence and stock up on 99p de icers.

Jeeves my chauffeur must get up a bit earlier now the days are getting colder and de-ice the car, make sure the heated seat is on, anyway I dont get up until 9ish at the moment so its not to much of a problem, if this contract ends that will probably all change and I will have to wake up early again, then all the polar bears can wink at me in the morning,

Bah, 2 weeks ago in Spain it got up to 40 degrees :(

We were away in the caravan last weekend and had to put the heating on. Definitely a bit nippy overnight (lovely during the day though).

I had to drive out early this morning, normally I take the coach into university but today it left without me, that git of a driver.

I love the heated seats on my W124, I was warm and toasty in no time.

I had to drive out early this morning, normally I take the coach into university but today it left without me, that git of a driver.

I love the heated seats on my W124, I was warm and toasty in no time.

Your much better going by car than by bus anyway. Especially when the car is a Mercedes.

Your much better going by car than by bus anyway. Especially when the car is a Mercedes.

Not with parking at £3.50 / day, if you can even find a space. I dislike city driving anyway.

I don't use the public buses, just the University coach service, which is 'free' and usually OK since it drops me right outside the building.

Not with parking at £3.50 / day, if you can even find a space. I dislike city driving anyway.

I don't use the public buses, just the University coach service, which is 'free' and usually OK since it drops me right outside the building.

What uni are you at, we didn't anything as nice as a free bus @ Aberdeen Uni. We did get free parking though - although our cark park was a free for all. I walked, being cheap and miserly.

Back to this thread, I detest winter, but the car is garaged and i walk to the station so I can keep the car nice and dry and safe and save on fuel.

What uni are you at, we didn't anything as nice as a free bus @ Aberdeen Uni. We did get free parking though - although our cark park was a free for all. I walked, being cheap and miserly.

Back to this thread, I detest winter, but the car is garaged and i walk to the station so I can keep the car nice and dry and safe and save on fuel.

Cardiff University; my residence is about 2 miles from the main building so walking isn't really an option. Only thing is you do have to pay £125 / year for a hall of residence parking permit.

Cardiff University; my residence is about 2 miles from the main building so walking isn't really an option. Only thing is you do have to pay £125 / year for a hall of residence parking permit.

Ouch :eek: - still doesn't stop uni's being broke,

No scraping, just pour on some lukewarm water. Whole car clear in seconds.
I do admit to putting the fluffy cover on the seat base though.:eek:

yep, this was the 1st morning (of many i feel) that i missed the heated seats and heated steering wheel of my previous car.

car still started fine on 100% veg though!! Need to empty the garage soon to make space though!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom