Bruce Forsyth dies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
The ultimate tv entertainer. He gave me a lot of laughs in my youth with his Sunday Night at the London Palladium and the Generation Game.
He had a good innings.
RIP Brucie.

Wow, I honestly thought he'd outlive me.

What a successful career he had. Rest in peace Sir Brucey, it was nice to see you. :eek:

Last edited:
I met him in his very early career when he was in Panto in Portsmouth, spent quite some time talking to my brother and I explaining some of the tricks and things, very generous with his time. A great all round entertainer.

89?
I am not sure if that's correct, was it Higher Higher or Lower Lower, fabulous chap, Rip sir.

Great guy and a great loss

RIP Bruce

RIP Brucie! Proper entertainer and by all accounts a lovely bloke. I'm sure iould have enjoyed playing a round of golf with him. He'll be missed by many.

My late father took to me to one of the pro/am golf days when I was kid, probably nearly 40 years ago and Brucie was one of the celebs.

He was just as you saw him on TV, in fact what you saw on TV was him, just a jolly happy chap delighted to make people smile.

He was one of life's nice people.

sadly another loss of the original through the rank entertainers, not many left and never to be replaced. RIP Bruce:(

What a life....

As someone else has already said:

"Didn't he do well?" But what a life? A lesson to us all.

No, not "to work into your late Eighties...."

Just that there is life after your second wife (Anthea Redfearn). this is his third wife, of 34 years....

And that there is space in the world for a genuinely nice chap.

Bruce-Forsyth-and-his-Wilnelia-Merced-850432.jpg

Have fond memories of watching The Price Is Right in the early/mid 80's on a Friday night.

I didn't watch a lot of Brucie's shows although I did quite enjoy the later series of the Generation Game and sometimes Bruce's Price Is Right after Leslie Crowther passed.

Great presenter and seemed like a top bloke.

RIP.

I can't believe he was only 89 when he died. He seems to have been around for an eternity.

We've seen many celebs pass away recently, but Brucie, no way. He's been intrinsically involved in entertainment since time began. How can you replace someone like Brucie?

In 1974 he was the cabaret entertainer for our company Christmas dinner. A fabulous evening of fun, dance, singing, piano, drumming and teasing the bosses.
RIP Sir.

I remember seeing him being interviewed once, and he was talking about the earlier days of his career, when he was becoming a household name through the Sunday Night at the Palladium show. He and two others got into a taxi after one of the shows, Sean Connery being one of them, and I can't remember the other, but Mr Connery, also in the early days of his meteoric rise to fame, sat with his back to the driver. The conversation went something like:

Taxi driver: "Good night at the theatre, lads?"

Brucie: "Yes thanks, actually, I was hosting the show!"

Taxi driver: "Oh yeah? And I'm James Bond!!"

Sean Connery, turning, and tapping the driver on the shoulder: "Actually, I'M James Bond!"

Brucie, of course, told the story a lot better. RIP.

MD5 said:
I remember seeing him being interviewed once, and he was talking about the earlier days of his career, when he was becoming a household name through the Sunday Night at the Palladium show. He and two others got into a taxi after one of the shows, Sean Connery being one of them, and I can't remember the other, but Mr Connery, also in the early days of his meteoric rise to fame, sat with his back to the driver. The conversation went something like: Taxi driver: "Good night at the theatre, lads?" Brucie: "Yes thanks, actually, I was hosting the show!" Taxi driver: "Oh yeah? And I'm James Bond!!" Sean Connery, turning, and tapping the driver on the shoulder: "Actually, I'M James Bond!" Brucie, of course, told the story a lot better. RIP.
My dad had a friend called Peter Bond. He was a journalist for the Daily Star and a bit of a plonker. One time he was flying to England on Concorde and saw Sean Connery. He said to him "Hi, my name is Bond, Peter Bond" Sean Connery replied with a curt " fukc off, I've had a right hard day".

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom