Bruce Forsyth dies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
My departed Grandad was a long time associate of Brucie in the 1970's. His "likes" were well known at the time in certain "circles" but these would seem quite tame by today's standards.

One things for sure we wont be seeing any Saville type accusations about Brucie !

My departed Grandad was a long time associate of Brucie in the 1970's. His "likes" were well known at the time in certain "circles" but these would seem quite tame by today's standards.

One things for sure we wont be seeing any Saville type accusations about Brucie !

Miss World contestants?

DrFeelgood said:
Miss World contestants?
As George Best said..

. "I often went missing. Miss France, Miss UK, Miss Finland .............

His final car - a E320 Cabriolet http://www.carandclassic.co.uk/car/C711000

His Bentley
2b53444f9b.jpg

His S280 http://www.mirror.co.uk/lifestyle/motoring/car-reviews/good-game-bruce-forsyths-mercedes-95071

Last edited:
Does the Bentley's 'cherished number' stand for Big F...... Engine? (I do not normally ever swear.)

Bruce Forsyth Entertainer ...

Just been watching a programme on BBC1 with Bruce and Miranda lanky bird.

He was a total superstar!! What a talent.

I wonder how Bruce and Yoda would greet each other......................... ? :)

R.I.P to a man who was the very personification of continual hard work, belief and talent.

I believe it was Bruce Forsyth Enterprises.

I clicked on one of the links above in your previous post and it states that as the previous registered keepers of one of the cars so it probably is that.

Saw him about 5 years ago refuelling his S Class at a petrol station in Sunningdale. Very friendly man, the garage staff all knew him from regular visits and spoke well of him. I think just an old fashioned grafter in his trade.

I also recall he lived a few doors down from a friend growing up in a Enfield in the early 70s. That house has now gone to make way for flats.

Crikey I am a pool of useless knowledge

He had a good game...good game.

I assumed things weren't going well for him, he hadn't been seen in public for ages, since he went in for an OP (or was he hospitalised for illness at the time.....can't remember).

A thoroughly complete family entertainer, the generation game was stable saturday night viewing in our house when I was a kid.

For years I thought that Michael Barrymore was on his way to being the next BF, he had a similar ability to engage with people and to lightly mock without deaming them, he like a good catchphrase (all wright at the back !), and he was also a brilliant gameshow host and great with kids etc. A very cleancut entertainer almost out of the same mould (in public at least), and he couldve gone on for ever in the same vein.

But then between personal demons and by all accounts getting a raw deal on that other thing, he was never the same.

It just shows you how rare it is to be able to perform at such a high level for so long.

I'm also a big fan of Ant'n'Dec for the same reason. I dunno if it's true or not, but their public persona suggests they are just genuinely decent guys and great mates. I think it's telling that Ant got a very sympathic reception to his latest revelations. You could easily see these guys fronting shows for another 30+ years if it suits them.

Last edited:
He had a good game...good game.

I assumed things weren't going well for him, he hadn't been seen in public for ages, since he went in for an OP (or was he hospitalised for illness at the time.....can't remember).

A thoroughly complete family entertainer, the generation game was stable saturday night viewing in our house when I was a kid.

For years I thought that Michael Barrymore was on his way to being the next BF, he had a similar ability to engage with people and to lightly mock without deaming them, he like a good catchphrase (all wright at the back !), and he was also a brilliant gameshow host and great with kids etc. A very cleancut entertainer almost out of the same mould (in public at least), and he couldve gone on for ever in the same vein.

But then between personal demons and by all accounts getting a raw deal on that other thing, he was never the same.

It just shows you how rare it is to be able to perform at such a high level for so long.

I'm also a big fan of Ant'n'Dec for the same reason. I dunno if it's true or not, but their public persona suggests they are just genuinely decent guys and great mates. I think it's telling that Ant got a very sympathic reception to his latest revelations. You could easily see these guys fronting shows for another 30+ years if it suits them.

Was thinking how well put that was, (especially thoughts on MB, whom I thought was an incredible performer), until you got to And n Dec. My mum though, bless her, loved them.

As for who to replace them with? I do wish we'd give more opportunities to the general public. I'm tired of the same old faces.

Whenever I start to think that some TV performer is crap I ask myself 'could I do better'? The answer is always 'no'.

It's a lot harder than it looks I reckon.

Last edited by a moderator:
Whenever I start to think that some TV performer is crp I ask myself 'could I do better'? The answer is always 'no'.

It's a lot harder than it looks I reckon.

My wife ran auditions for a kids YouTube channel for one of her clients. There's an immense amount of talent out there, if only it's given the chance to surface.

I quite liked the Joe Public presenter from 5th Gear, for example.

I used to like Barrymore in the 80s in Strike It Lucky but my other half used to watch Big Brother a lot in the early years and sometimes I'd "give it a try" and I watched one episode and Pete Burns and Barrymore were on it.

They both came across as a right pair of wang curse.

Brucie, and even Ant & Dec as mentioned, all seem to be genuine chaps who are good at what they do. Ant has clearly had publicised issues (which I ignore because everyone is susceptible to health problems), as has Barrymore, but Ant still seems to be a decent chap.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom