Bruce Forsyth dies.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
JohnEBoy said:
I used to like Barrymore in the 80s in Strike It Lucky but my other half used to watch Big Brother a lot in the early years and sometimes I'd "give it a try" and I watched one episode and Pete Burns and Barrymore were on it. They both came across as a right pair of wang curse. Brucie, and even Ant & Dec as mentioned, all seem to be genuine chaps who are good at what they do. Ant has clearly had publicised issues (which I ignore because everyone is susceptible to health problems), as has Barrymore, but Ant still seems to be a decent chap.
Strike It Lucky was the mutts danglies. Me and my mates even talked about it when we were in the pub and was ( at the time) as funny to us as Blackadder. Ant & Dec are very good at what they do but I reckon Bruce had the edge as an all round entertainer.

Never cared for him, I'm afraid. People were on his shows to be laughed at, not to be laughed with. If they had the temerity to be funnier than him, albeit only briefly, he was on them like a ton of bricks; bit of a smiling knife, really.

I saw him once in the flesh, on Oxford Street years ago. I was in the middle of my long love affair with the Citroen CX, and a CX Pallas pulled up on the other side of the street. There was a lull in traffic, and he climbed out of the back on the side away from the pavement. A fellow a couple of yards from me bellowed: "Oi! Bruce! There's an animal died on yer 'ead!" If looks could have killed...

What, how dare you Sir, to agree with me. I seem totally out of step with the rest of the world who seem to swoon over this chap. I saw what you saw, the people on his shows to be laughed at. Anything to make him appear better than he was. A natural with the camera they said. Nope to me, he HAD to be on camera, lest someone else steal his limelight. John stands by for incoming.

Bruce was a regular in these parts and known to a couple of us.

Despite his obvious skill as an entertainer he had a darker side which was that he was one of the most rude people to walk this earth. He felt he was above everyone else and looked down his nose at others. Without the toupee he looked quite different and was often seen in the butchers in Virginia water. Not generally liked on the Wentworth Estate by all accounts.

Cant say I will miss him.

Alfie said:
Bruce was a regular in these parts and known to a couple of us. Despite his obvious skill as an entertainer he had a darker side which was that he was one of the most rude people to walk this earth. He felt he was above everyone else and looked down his nose at others. Without the toupee he looked quite different and was often seen in the butchers in Virginia water. Not generally liked on the Wentworth Estate by all accounts. Cant say I will miss him.

To me that's exactly how he came across in that documentary 'Living With Brucie'. Was never that fussed on him and that programme sealed it for me.

I think he perfected how to be "on" but came across as a rude old git in said documentary

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom