Brum street racers banned en masse

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Palfrem

MB Enthusiast
Car
W124 E36 AMG, G 300 GEL his, SLK 200 hers
BBC News - Birmingham street racers given driving bans

Just been looking at some of their antics on youTube and it's frightning.
Quite how someone hasn't been hurt yet is a bt of good fortune.

It seemed to be a regular Sunday evening venue and hundreds were (still are?) turning up ro race.

Does seem odd that it was "tolerated" for so long by the Police though.

But which cars were fastest, the petrol or diesel and how much fuel by mass did they all burn?

Coppers should just turn up with a dirty great crusher and anyone filmed racing has their car turned into a 3dimensional Cubist art work a la Picasso there and then.

Alternatively, we just view it as Darwinism in action and hope someone totals a few of the braindeads :dk:

Too much time and trouble for them. They can find easier "wins" elsewhere and prefer to gather the low-hanging fruit until forced to act.

Any members recognise themselves?
Not kids but middle aged said the cop.

It's the total disregard of the law that's really frightening

speed bumps, gatso's, they seem to be putting cameras in the wrong places....ching...ching

It seemed to be a regular Sunday evening venue and hundreds were (still are?) turning up ro race.

Police find it easier to troll through youtube footage for self incriminating evidence captured by the idiots on the sidelines, then act.

Not nearly enough police out on the streets, if there were this wouldn't have even started.

Last edited:
We need a Nurburgring in the UK.

Germany is very inconvenient and Birmingham is easy.

The authorities are never going to crush the love of speed out of people.

we're spoilt for choice for motor racing circuits, though none quite as dramatic as Nurburgring

Worse me thinks but in case of an accident they`ll only likely to kill themself

You're barreling down a dual carriageway at 70 mph and there are two horse and buggies trotting down the road.

Plenty of potential for disaster.

This has been going on for decades.
I know someone that used to drive eight leggers on a night shift. They often came across drivers racing the wrong side down and back up a dual carriageway.
One night another driver was on his radio saying a car was coming up towards him then BANG.

Ford Capri with 4 men in meets 20 tonne lorry at 80mph...

I got stuck behind a few morons up our way doing exactly the same one Sunday morning - dual carriageway, 2 vans to stop anyone getting past, and horses and carts barrelling along at around 30MPH having a race.

At least they had the sense to do it on a divided carriageway, although I feel if it wasn't for harming someone coming the other way or the horse, a bit of natural selection wouldn't be too bad.

It will probably not be a surprise to most on here, but there's plenty of trotting that goes off around Doncaster.

They normally get the horse out of the trailer, trot up and down the road and then put the horse back in the trailer and vanish before the law arrives.

Or not in the case I witnessed.

The Rozzers came past me at a rate of knots and arrived at the scene mid trot. :thumb:

It will probably not be a surprise to most on here, but there's plenty of trotting that goes off around Doncaster.

They normally get the horse out of the trailer, trot up and down the road and then put the horse back in the trailer and vanish before the law arrives.

At least while their out trotting they can't be stealing the lead off your roof.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom