Bruntingthorpe Track/Airfield Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
This could be on ......
Passengers with helmets at there own risk :D
Avon Slicks & 10k rpm ..... the old girl goes well at Bruntingthorpe ;)

Dorian,

Beer for a ride in the open wheeler?

Spike,

More than welcome to use my TTG to measure your speed. Would also love to mount my camera on your bike somewhere, if you have a flat surface large enough for the suction cap. I will happily risk the whole thing falling off and smashing, on the off chance that I can see the video... :)

Bah, am going to have to get my Seven upgraded at this rate - or borrow one of my friends' > 200bhp / < 500kg monsters instead!!! :D

Can't have a W*******d showing up a Seven now can we! ;) :p :D

FastLady said:
Bah, am going to have to get my Seven upgraded at this rate - or borrow one of my friends' > 200bhp / < 500kg monsters instead!!! :D

Can't have a W*******d showing up a Seven now can we! ;) :p :D

Not if you ever want to post on blatchat again! ;)

Show Time .............. :D
It's all about power, weight and how you use it ....... :devil:
Although I have an old Xflow engine (1700cc) ;) power around > 200bhp and less than 480kgs.

Scott, just bring your helmet, and a fresh set of pants :D
Going to need a fitting to strap the video camera to the roll bar.

scotth_uk said:
Dorian,

Spike,

More than welcome to use my TTG to measure your speed. Would also love to mount my camera on your bike somewhere, if you have a flat surface large enough for the suction cap. I will happily risk the whole thing falling off and smashing, on the off chance that I can see the video... :)

Sounds like a plan... should be easy to suction the mount to the tank so you can see the clocks and the road ahead.

Starting to get excited about this now :D

I'll get in contact with Bruntingthorpe next week and start to get some things confirmed up and a rough idea of numbers etc.

More details to follow then...

Dependant on dates I will be there.

Sounds like I may have to go and borrow my freinds Evo 8 just to keep up with you guys, or I could just come in my dirty, smelly, heavy diesel car and shame you all haha :D

Very interested, I have always wondered if my E220CDI will do over 130mph as claimed :rolleyes: So yes dependant on dates.

Well I would really like to come, I am planning a holiday around that time but we will see.

I really wanted to go last year before I put my car back to standard, wont be as much fun with 30hp less. :mad:

It would be good if you could make it Jimmy, I think we're standing at about 16 potentials now which is a nice number.

I'll see how my liaisons with Bruntingthorpe go this week and report back....

OK, I have been speaking with Bruntingthorpe this morning and have confirmed the following:
  • Saturday 12th March is the current confirmed and available track day
  • The session is a 'shared' day with other high-end vehicles, max 50 cars
  • The 2-mile straight will be available for us to use
  • If told before hand, the track can be closed for an hour, and two cars at a time can be timed down the 2-mile straight for top speed, acceleration times etc if enough people want to do this.
  • No more than 20 cars at any one time on the track. The track is larger than most other tracks, so even I will be OK about going out with my car :)
  • The track is a 'sprint' track and is more suited to our cars
  • Extra drivers and passengers are allowed, at a charge of around ~£15 each to cover liability insurance. (Exact price to be confirmed)
  • Insurance for your vehicle is to be arranged by yourself, if you feel you require it.
  • Catering will also be available on the day
Now the committing part: I need to let Bruntingthorpe know by the end of this month at the very latest of final numbers.

As mentioned, cost is £100 per car, plus any extra drivers or passengers (passengers can usually 'hop' between cars if required on the day).

Please confirm below if you wish to attend on the 12th March Track day ASAP, before the end of the Month

Once members have confirmed I will contact you via PM to arrange confirmation and payment details.

Any questions just let me know!

Matt.

Last edited:
Hmmm... the 2 mile section is in use? So which bit is available?

arialview2.jpg

Lots of reference to cars, would the bike even be allowed?

If we get use of the 2 mile straight for an hour, how much extra will that be? Personally, I only want to play on long straight as being march, it will probably be wet and the twisties not so fun on the bike. So its a lot of money for very little time.

My post should have read 'we will have use of the 2 mile straight' for the whole day. Timing is no extra charge if enough people agree to it, however to do the timing the rest of the track would need to be closed for exclusive use of the straight, so this is limited to one hour.

Hope this helps.
I'll find out about bikes now....

GrahamC230K - 12th March
Graham Guest (Nissan 350Z)

Timing for top speed and acceleration please!!

Last edited:
Doriant - 12th March (count me in!)... Westfield

Timing for top speed and acceleration!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom