Bruntingthorpe Track/Airfield Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I was more than impressed with the handling of my car but to be honest I was a little dissapointed with the top speed although the accelaration felt OK but nowhere near what it used to be with the TD Tuning Box. I have spoken to Superchips today and they were genuinely concerned and offered to help all they could, they offered to have the car in, on the rolling road and adjust the programming to see what else they could do. I will take them up on the offer as soon as I get it repaired.

I have been too busy to get the car to the bodyshop today, Mercedes have just closed the one at Northampton so the nearest one is Banbury, Milton Keynes or Leicester, not very convenient.

Milton Keynes do not have a bodyshop anymore?? They use the one at Bedford, whats that all about??

steve_bcs said:
I wouldnt mind a private viewing .. maybe we can edit out the reg plates?

How about putting the video in the events section, but making it only viewable to pre-approved members?
(Like we did with the contact numbers for the first German trip)
Just an idea ;)

Hi guys,

Mark's mate Adam here, just wanted to say a big thank you for letting me come along to what was a fantastic airfield day.

I have to say, i've done about 15 trackdays now, and the standard of driving and courtesy from all those on track was litterally second to none. Everyone seemed to be keeping an eye on their mirrors and if there were any egos, they weren't in evidence. The organisation on the part of the team running the event was smooth and non-intrusive (apart from one slightly errant marshall!) too, all adding up to a top Saturday out. :cool:

It was the first trackday i've done in this particular CRX, and I was over the moon that it came out the other side with it's reputation for reliability unblemished...sadly more than could be said for my front bumper courtesy of some, high velocity, small chunks of runway! :mad: A big thanks to whoever it was who lent me some of their industrial cling film, the application of which, along with some tactically placed duct tape, prevented any more gravel rash.

I spent the previous week before the event figuring out exactly the best way to rig up my camcorder with my new external mic and bullet cam, where best to place it, how to protect it (how to get it to bl*$dy work!) and so on. Then contrived to leave the thing sitting on my bed... :rolleyes: So, with no bulletcam and no clamps (didn't need the clamp, as I had my...ho-hum) we managed to lash up the camera to the passenger grab handle with several cable ties and about half a roll of good old duct tape.

One of the resulting clips being this 10min (60mb) reeling in of a dark blue/black 996.

Anyone know what model it was?

One final, cautionary note, to end on. When doing trackdays, even if you just fitted your brakes the week before the event, it's always a good idea to carry a spare set of pads... I ended up having to drive back to London on these :eek:

pad.jpg

Hey, it shows i was trying! :D

Thanks again for a fantastic day.

Cheers,

Adam

Great Footage Adam.... bet the 911 guy would love to see that aswell!

Thanks for sharing it.

Tan

Tan said:
Great Footage Adam.... bet the 911 guy would love to see that aswell!

Thanks for sharing it.

Tan

Cheers! :cool:

..not sure if i'd want to see a 15 year old Japanese 1.6 reeling me in if it was my £70k Porsche tho... :D

Pretty sure the porker was a Carrera 2, so nothing too quick. ;-) If you caught the silver one I'd be worried.

It's been funny watching the footage from inside the Turbo actually - Steve really doesn't drive that car past 30% of it's ability. Hardly got his foot on the accelerator at all. Now if Dorian was driving it......

Can't wait for the DVD Scott........ :D

Matt, i was chatting to my pal Jim at Autocar yesterday, and he said if i mailed over the clip from inside your car (0 to 180) he would see if he can get it up on their website.....

Would you have any objections to me sending it to Jim ?

totally understandable if you do ...

Howard said:
Can't wait for the DVD Scott........ :D

Matt, i was chatting to my pal Jim at Autocar yesterday, and he said if i mailed over the clip from inside your car (0 to 180) he would see if he can get it up on their website.....

Would you have any objections to me sending it to Jim ?

totally understandable if you do ...

Hi Howard,

No Problem!

Matt.

scotth_uk said:
- Steve really doesn't drive that car past 30% of it's ability. Hardly got his foot on the accelerator at all.

Really?

I'll have to post the clip where he spun it in front of me at the bottom chicane then... :D

Don't fancy one of these Porsche things if they're that unstable! ;)

UNBELIEVEABLE !!!!

I sent the video from Matts car (0 to180) to my pal at Autocar who was going to try to put it on their website.

He tells me this morning and i quote ' its a bit dull, its just a shot of a dash !'

I say ' Mate, watch the speedo needle and listen to the noise'

Bit later......

He says, 'they wont use it because theres nothing to tell that your not on public roads and Autocar can't be seen to condone speeding'

I say ' About 3/4 of the way through the video , a 747 tailfin comes from left to right across the screen, theres not many of them on the M25 is there ?'

Still waiting to hear back......

Lol some ppl are so miserable... ;)

Personally I can't believe the braking + the fact tht like just a few secs ago he was doing like 175...

Sheer beauty - I ADORE the CL.

wallingd said:
Lol some ppl are so miserable... ;)

Personally I can't believe the braking + the fact tht like just a few secs ago he was doing like 175...

Sheer beauty - I ADORE the CL.

We all had to brake hard like that mate, or plough into the cones :crazy:

GRAV888 said:
We all had to brake hard like that mate, or plough into the cones :crazy:

Or wreck a few parked Vauxhalls. :eek: :D

Dieselman said:
Now that's not such a bad idea Brian. :D :D

You were trying hard enough Dieselman, I'm amazed any of the cones were left in place! :D

Nice one :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom