Bruntingthorpe Track/Airfield Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Great vid Scott. Looked like you were enjoying yourself ... Matt, how chilled out? :D

Does my voice really sound like that??

Must admit it was great fun in the Nissan, more so than the 55 AMG !

Getting the back end out at 100MPH and correcting it in time was a bit brown pants moment, at the same spot where Steve spun his Aston!

Matt,

You can half lose it at 100mph anytime with me as a passenger. Haven't had so much fun legally in a car for ages! Ben was not going to let me go home without you taking me for a drive.

He's still raving about it to his workmates now. Like my workmates, they just tune out. Mercedes! Fast, Blah! Blah! Blah............180mph.... Blah, blah, blah......

More video coming soon. New monster Dell editing machine arrives tomorrow. :devil:

scotth_uk said:
Matt,

You can half lose it at 100mph anytime with me as a passenger. Haven't had so much fun legally in a car for ages! Ben was not going to let me go home without you taking me for a drive.

He's still raving about it to his workmates now. Like my workmates, they just tune out. Mercedes! Fast, Blah! Blah! Blah............180mph.... Blah, blah, blah......

More video coming soon. New monster Dell editing machine arrives tomorrow. :devil:

Cool. Whatever rough cuts of the 350Z you have my mate would very much like.

Graham,

Footage from the 350Z is on a separate tape, so rather easy to send over. Can you/your mate use it in DV format, or would you like full avi captured to DVDROM?

scotth_uk said:
Graham,

Footage from the 350Z is on a separate tape, so rather easy to send over. Can you/your mate use it in DV format, or would you like full avi captured to DVDROM?

I think Gary can use it from DV, his Dad has some kit, but if avi on a DVD is easy and cheaper to send.........better for me too - can show everyone else in the office :D

Great Vid Scott - I cant believe how relaxed Matts driving style is .

I'm glad it wasnt just me who had a twitchy back end on that bend ! my reflexes just wernt as quick as Matts though . Nice drive Matt.

steve_bcs said:
Great Vid Scott - I cant believe how relaxed Matts driving style is .

....must be all that 'chilling out' in the CL - I bet there are very few cars as relaxing to drive as that at 180 mph !! ;)

S.

sym said:
....must be all that 'chilling out' in the CL - I bet there are very few cars as relaxing to drive as that at 180 mph !! ;)

S.

Shows how comfy it is to drive at 180MPH, Richard who was filming was holding the camera steady and leaning towards me and the speedo all the way!

Can't remember if I was having an air conditioned back massage on that run from the comfort seats! :D :D

Mind, to get a 2 tons of steel and plastic to that speed and back to 40mph in two miles is a great bit of engineering. Remember the cars 5 meters long!!

Maff said:
Getting the back end out at 100MPH and correcting it in time

Ahh, now I understand where I went wrong, no-one said to only go to 100mph on that bend. :rolleyes:

Your style was very relaxed Maff, nice recovery.

nice driving Matt :rock: :bannana:

Just had the following e-mail from Bruntingthorpe:

Hi Billy

I hope you enjoyed the Track Day here at Bruntingthorpe last Saturday and I would love to hear any feedback you may have about the day - good or bad!

Just to let you know the next Bruntingthorpe Track Days are listed below and if you do want to come along just email me your details to [email protected]

Saturday 9th April
Saturday 7th May
Saturday 4th June - New date
Saturday 23rd July - New date

We look forward to seeing you again,

Many thanks

Fay Smith

I am having serious thoughts (I think I've caught a bug), anyone else up for having another go?

Must get that limiter removed :devil:

Oh yes - count me in!

Maff said:
I'm 99% going with two friends on the May date, looks like another GTG? :)

Think I might just have to tag along to make up the M1 convoy :devil:

Gents, my webspace has been suspended for the moment as I didn't realise I had an outbound limit. :-( Sorry. Will find a new home for the vids.

I'm there this weekend with the Pistonheads crew....highlights include an F40 and a RUF Yellowbird....

Oh, and a stupidly tuned (DMS) SL65 AMG....

Will post top speeds if anyones interested...

Greg

Maff said:
I'm 99% going with two friends on the May date, looks like another GTG? :)

lol

I spoke to Toby yesterday and I already have half a dozen CRX's going up !
I was going to mention it on here in the next few days - but it seems like everyone else has the same idea :D

Mark

Oh how frustrating - lost a good hours worth of editing today. GRR!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom