Bruntingthorpe Track/Airfield Day

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Hi All,

Here's a late Christmas Present (invitation) to you all.
I have been communicating directly with the above airfield, and have managed to arrange places for an MB Club members track/airfield day.

The best part, only £100 per car for the day, regardless of numbers.

Dates available are:

Sat 12th March
Sat 9th April
Sat 7th May

Anyone interested before I go into more details?

Bruntingthorpe Proving Grounds Website - http://www.bruntingthorpe.com/

Regards,

Matt.

Yes!!

Yes very interested - but would it be cheating if I brought the Seven? ;) :p

I'm in Matt.

Thanks for doing the legwork, I spoke to them some while ago and they were VERY non-commital, just said £50 per car / half hour min 2 hours.

Well done.

Hehe I'm in too. Like you didn't already know :D

Nice one. I think the March date sounds good. It would be nice to do before the Germany trip IMO.

I'm interested but I cant confirm dates til nearer the time. How long is that runway?

I'm interested, any more details available on how much use we would get of the runway?

Brian WH said:
I'm interested, any more details available on how much use we would get of the runway?

We would get use of the whole track, which includes the 2 mile straight. Total track length is 4 miles from memory, so you would already be doing some speed when you hit the straight.

There would be no more than 20 cars on at anyone time, and the price includes full marshals, ambulance etc. Usually spend about 20 minutes per session ‘on track’

Once I've got an idea of numbers I can get all the information together and post it up.

hmmm... if the runway is 2 miles long I'm going to have to strap a rocket launcher to my Seven to get up to half decent speeds!

Damn, maybe I should have bought that 1:1 scale SLR after all :D

The max speed if cars allow on the straight is 220mph (according to their e-mail)
Time for de-restriction I think :D :D

Not sure if you have to hire it seperatly or what but isn't there some laser (guessing) speed measuring kit at the end of the straight to record your top speed?

Runway is 2 miles long huh?

If I come, can I bring the Hayabusa? And if so, anyone got a handheld GPS unit that will measure top speed like a magellan or something?

Interesting to see how your beast will match up Maff?

This would be an ideal oppertunity to benchmark the bike before doing any tuning mods so I know how far off the 200mph mark I am.

Last edited:
Sp!ke said:
This would be an ideal oppertunity to benchmark the bike before doing any tuning mods so I know how far off the 200mph mark I am.

This I HAVE to see!!

doriant said:
I'm in.............. :D
Now which car do I bring............. ;)

I think it's time you aired the Westfield. Show FastLady and her Seven what FastBloke can do :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom