Bruntingthorpe Track Day - May 7th 2005

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maff

MB Enthusiast
Hi All,

As per the other thread, the next track day is on Saturday 7th May.

Normal cost of £100 per car, £5 for passengers and £25 for extra drivers. Helmet hire is £15 per helmet.

As a side note, Bruntingthorpe is featured in next weeks 'Fifth Gear' where they meet up with another 'VMAX' day to blast down the 2 mile straight!

Add your name below if your interested in coming. Spectators also welcome.

Maff - CL55 or R32
Maff Guest - 300XZ

Hi Maff - definitely interested in another one of these so please count me in :rock:

Though as I'll have done an airfield day and then a track day at Cadwell all in the space of the 7 days previously I think it will be debatable whether I'll have any tyre tread left for this one! :eek:

Maff - CL55 or R32
Maff Guest - 300XZ
FastLady - Caterham 7

I'll probably come along to watch I think. Maybe some pax laps with video equipment this time. More DVD editing.

On the other hand, I could bring a rentacar and put it through it's paces. :)

You know rent-a-cars *always* go faster than 'normal' cars :)

I'm really tempted to bring the Golf tdi, I could give that a right thrashing round the track!!

After the good show last time of the W210 E320CDI (that I kept thinking was GRAV888's E55) it's probably not a bad idea.

I am tempted to bring a smart car. Or maybe a RENTED Crossfire.

Can I come along too, as a spectator of course? I'll get the train to South Wigston, but I'd need to find a way of getting to the circuit...

Be nice to meet you all.

Regards

No can do this time - but have fun people !

Maff - is R32 a joking reference to the GTTDi - or did you upgrade ?!

No, it's my friends car, i'll either come in mine, or we will both go in his R32. Not sure which yet.

I'd like to be able to say yes now but won't be able to for a bit longer yet as we might have the house in the paper that week if it hasn't sold by then.

Will we have the instructor too?

In the assumed absence of public transport to the circuit I'd be very grateful if someone would be kind enough to offer a lift to and from :). Just name a train-station and I can be there, though I'd guess one would want to avoid the centre of Leicester on a Saturday.

(FYI the reason I don't drive is because I have optic atrophy (underdeveloped optic nerves. Though I can still see quite well in normal conditions, It's just longer distances where things are non-interpretable.)

Thanks.

Maff - count me in if thats ok !!

Spectating again - hey, someones gotta hold peoples bags .......

Unless i can get dads pal in his CL65 to commit .......... :devil: Its a nightmare to pin him down though , so might be last minute.....

Interestingly Matt, your speedo goes right up to 200mph whereas i noticed whilst in it the other day that the CL65 speedo stops at 160 ........ :confused: whats all that about then ?

Howard said:
Maff - count me in if thats ok !!

Spectating again - hey, someones gotta hold peoples bags .......

Unless i can get dads pal in his CL65 to commit .......... :devil: Its a nightmare to pin him down though , so might be last minute.....

Interestingly Matt, your speedo goes right up to 200mph whereas i noticed whilst in it the other day that the CL65 speedo stops at 160 ........ :confused: whats all that about then ?

Are you sure it was not 1600mph ? :D

Very strange, all AMG's (55/65) I have seen (SL/S/CL) go to 200mph. The pre-2002 car dials stopped at 160mph.

Are you certain it's a new model CL? '65s Should also have AMG in the speedo, where mine has AMG written in the rev counter.

Maff said:
Are you sure it was not 1600mph ? :D

Very strange, all AMG's (55/65) I have seen (SL/S/CL) go to 200mph. The pre-2002 car dials stopped at 160mph.

Are you certain it's a new model CL? '65s Should also have AMG in the speedo, where mine has AMG written in the rev counter.

Brand spanking new........ hes not short of a bob or two (also has a Phantom on order and a Project Kahn RR in the fold)

'V12 Biturbo' on the front wings where your 'V8 Kompressor' is and a 'V12' badge on the rear quarter pillar....

I'm sure it has AMG in the speedo (but will check next time i am in it )

I'll try and get some piccys too.....

Only one way to tell: lift the bonnet. You should be presented with a nice Carbon Fibre covered engine! :D

Maff said:
Only one way to tell: lift the bonnet. You should be presented with a nice Carbon Fibre covered engine! :D

Oh yes !!!

That Bad boy is present and correct (a sexier engine i have yet to see)

Also seen the certificate of the dyno readout of the engine (612bhp) which is signed by the AMG engineer who built it !! :cool:

I sneaked round the back of our local dealer a year ago + saw a just-delivered 65 round there. Wish I'd taken pics...

Also: gun-metal alloys.

So they underestimated the output of the 55s (530~545bhp as u said before Maff), but the 65s aren't underestimated...?

I think MB Chelsea have an SL65 behind the glass - anyone else notice those tell tale alloys as you drive past? :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom