Brussels attacked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Sick cowards.

I'm often walking through that concourse, the crew hotel is close to the EU HQ and metro station, and so its all quite 'close to home' for me.
My thoughts are with the BRU airport staff, the families of the dead and injured.

It's not about religion, no God says to go and indescriminately kill innocent men women and children.

These mad dogs must either be known, or suspected within their communities. It's high time that these communities stand up and say "you cannot hide here, there is no tacit support, no hiding, we do not believe in murder" - they need to pick up the phone and call the authorities. If not, you are as bad as them, and your wider community will suffer as you lose the trust and respect of those around you.

Triggered no doubt by the seizure last week of Salah Abdeslam, the main fugitive in the Paris attacks. Interesting piece by the BBC's security correspondent this morning where he mentioned the Belgian Intelligence Agency don't speak to the Belgian police and vice versa. What happens evidently is Belgian Intelligence speak to UK Intelligence who have good communication links with our UK police who then relay the information back to their Belgian police counterparts - a 4 way process instead of one to one.:doh:

Do you seriously think they care about losing our trust and respect?

That rather depends on who you refer to as 'they'.

Expect security checks to introduced at airport boundaries, all routes into terminals and car parks..

Interesting piece by the BBC's security correspondent this morning where he mentioned the Belgian Intelligence Agency don't speak to the Belgian police and vice versa. What happens evidently is Belgian Intelligence speak to UK Intelligence who have good communication links with our UK police who then relay the information back to their Belgian police counterparts - a 4 way process instead of one to one.:doh:
I was also struck by those comments. One speaker mentioned that in his opinion their interdepartmental comms is like ours was 30 years ago. What interests me is that one of the points cited by the 'stay eu' crowd is that our national security would suffer if we leave. Somehow I doubt it...

Expect security checks to introduced at airport boundaries, all routes into terminals and car parks..

I can't see the point in that. There will just be a queue outside the airport (in the cold and wet) that will still present a soft target.

Where will it all stop?

You'd have to include, railway and bus stations, shopping centres, sports grounds, concerts, New Years Eve, etc.

I can't see the point in that. There will just be a queue outside the airport (in the cold and wet) that will still present a soft target.

Where will it all stop?

You'd have to include, railway and bus stations, shopping centres, sports grounds, concerts, New Years Eve, etc.

You've got it in one....

There is no defence against this sort of thing

Stop bombing their countries killing their children and they'll stop killing yours.

It's simple.

That might help a bit but they have been killing each other for much longer in the name of their particular shade of sky fairy.

As ever in these situations it's about power/control.

Humans have been killing each other since long before any religion surfaced.

I think HB has a point.

That might help a bit but they have been killing each other for much longer in the name of their particular shade of sky fairy.

As ever in these situations it's about power/control.
Heart felt sympathy to those in Belgium is where I should have started.
But , look at what Fredt says , he's right, religion is not the issue here.

You're right also , it's power and control.

I'm going to keep quite calm on this thread otherwise my grandpa Druk WILL give me a thick ear.

Stop bombing their countries killing their children and they'll stop killing yours.

It's simple.

Salah Abdeslam is a French national born in Belgium with Moroccan parents so I don't think its that simple. In a similar fashion 3 of the 4 UK 7/7 bombers were born and brought up in Britain. Nobody bombed them or their children as far as I know. :dk:

Can't believe this

Regularly DJ'ing over there as the music scene there is huge (16+ entry) there's even an event on next weekend at the same area attacked, not sure how that's going to affect travel yet so we'll see

Some horrid people in this world

Interesting piece by the BBC's security correspondent this morning where he mentioned the Belgian Intelligence Agency don't speak to the Belgian police and vice versa.:doh:

This has echoes of 9/11 where the NYPD were on a different radio frequency to the Fire Dept. All because they couldn't agree on who should be the first responder. Inter-departmental rift almost caused more deaths than the planes.

Humans have been killing each other since long before any religion surfaced.

Iirc Hinduism started roughly 50,000 years ago so you're trying to justify these religious attacks against what were some type of caveman?

I'm afraid to say the worlds thirst for oil is pretty much at the centre of all this, be it "The West" on the hunt for it or the Saudis with their billions from the sale of oil bankrolling these jihadis.

Neither "side" have clean hands, both use some form of mind control (eg religion) to justify their actions.

Joseph Stalin quotes: Death is the solution to all problems. No man - no problem.

Iirc Hinduism started roughly 50,000 years ago so you're trying to justify these religious attacks against what were some type of caveman?

I'm afraid to say the worlds thirst for oil is pretty much at the centre of all this, be it "The West" on the hunt for it or the Saudis with their billions from the sale of oil bankrolling these jihadis.

Neither "side" have clean hands, both use some form of mind control (eg religion) to justify their actions.

The religions we are talking about here probably originated as a way to govern people and territory. To say religion is to blame is to over simplify, if it wasn't religion it would be something else used to convince people of the cause.

Oil could very well have something to do with, but the cynic I am also thinks private sector interest in the war industry shouldn't be discounted.

One thing is for certain and that it that blaming everything on the "evil/cowardly/brainwashed/whateverpeoplesay Islamists" is to completely misunderstand the situation

The religions we are talking about here probably originated as a way to govern people and territory. To say religion is to blame is to over simplify, if it wasn't religion it would be something else used to convince people of the cause.

Oil could very well have something to do with, but the cynic I am also thinks private sector interest in the war industry shouldn't be discounted.

One thing is for certain and that it that blaming everything on the "evil/cowardly/brainwashed/whateverpeoplesay Islamists" is to completely misunderstand the situation

Simple: Conflict is Business, period!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom