Brussels attacked.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

I read both of those articles in full. Before I read them I'd already had an uncomfortable feeling that we've dealt with a problem of this nature more recently than we care to admit.

It seems this is fundamentally some form of radical twisted idea of a "final solution" that's being associated unfairly with the Islamic religion - convert or die (unless you happen to be a race we don't like), in the meantime we'll simply do our best to exterminate those we don't like. Remind you of someone else from 20th century history?

On the 7th September 2001 I was on an American Airlines flight from Gatwick to Las Vegas. I'd never encountered the level of security at the airport that happened that day, either before or since. We had no idea what was going on, but the security services certainly did, or at least they new something, just not quite what exactly.

By pure coincidence I was reading an Andy McNab book on the flight which contained a lot of information about Osama Bin Laden - so a couple of days later whilst sat int he poker room of the 4 Queens in Fremont Street I kind of had some idea of who was behind what had happened.

What we seem to be dealing with here is not some form of reaction to a single event but an entire new threat to civilisation as we currently understand it.

Last edited:
I have to say I'm a bit disappointed when people try to over complicate the tragic events of today. In my mind it's quite simple. Murdering people in cold blood is wrong. Murdering innocent men women and children is even worse...no matter what the cause. We all woke up this morning and headed out our front doors. Some went out with the precise agenda to murdering innocents. On the flip side some people went out to protect. To say it's complicated almost states there is some justification for these actions. There can never be! I am not religious, I do not have any issues with any race religion or creed and respect everyone. But I know the difference between right and wrong. Violent action for a cause or terrorism must be opposed by the good of all nations. Simple!

I have to say I'm a bit disappointed when people try to over complicate the tragic events of today. In my mind it's quite simple. Murdering people in cold blood is wrong. Murdering innocent men women and children is even worse...no matter what the cause. We all woke up this morning and headed out our front doors. Some went out with the precise agenda to murdering innocents. On the flip side some people went out to protect. To say it's complicated almost states there is some justification for these actions. There can never be! I am not religious, I do not have any issues with any race religion or creed and respect everyone. But I know the difference between right and wrong. Violent action for a cause or terrorism must be opposed by the good of all nations. Simple!

Of course it's wrong, who's over complicating anything?

If it's so simple how do you feel we address, fight or suppress the cold blooded murderers?

Last edited:
We live in a soft society which in its theory has no capacity to deal with this problem. In a way it's been a consequence of living in a soft society. Europe has to wake up and smell the coffee. This will continue to happen unless that outlook changes, if it is not too late!

We live in a soft society which in its theory has no capacity to deal with this problem. In a way it's been a consequence of living in a soft society. Europe has to wake up and smell the coffee. This will continue to happen unless that outlook changes, if it is not too late!

Frankly I feel this has just boosted BREXIT's chances in the up coming referendum, but I'm not entirely sure how we address the problem.

What do you suggest and define "soft"?

This is exactly why we need to close our borders. Problem is we already have these nutters here!

Your statement makes no sense. We can't close our borders to EU nationals such as Salah Abdul Salam who wish to travel to the UK and who possess a legitimate passport.

John Lennon was a visionary....

He knew that without religion there would be no wars. He was right.

He didn't say anything of the sort.

Which is just as well really since the First and Second World Wars are amongst the many in our history that had nothing to do with religion.

You mean, become like them?

Your statement makes no sense. We can't close our borders to EU nationals such as Salah Abdul Salam who wish to travel to the UK and who possess a legitimate passport.

He didn't say anything of the sort.

Which is just as well really since the First and Second World Wars are amongst the many in our history that had nothing to do with religion.

The first bit I'm not going to extend the courtesy of commenting on as here is not the place but I'm pleased for you that your ignorant enough to think having a passport and being entitled to one are one and the same. It's very easy to obtain a passport these days.

Oh and yes John Lennon did say that in not so many words:

And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

I mean soft like we as in UK and much of Europe is a soft target. An easy touch. Our society is too liberal and the simple fact these attacks are happening are evidence of that. Simply because they can easily. Being soft has allowed areas of Europe to manifest huge concentrations of people who have no other agenda than to commit acts of terrorism against the people they share a territory with. I don't believe taking a hardline against terrorism is being like a terrorist. Is being the shepherd not the wolf

The first bit I'm not going to extend the courtesy of commenting on as here is not the place but I'm pleased for you that your ignorant enough to think having a passport and being entitled to one are one and the same. It's very easy to obtain a passport these days.

Again you are making no sense. Salah Abdul Salem was born in Belgium and is a French national and so is fully entitled to a passport and to freedom of movement within the EU. I therefore don't understand why you believe "we need to close our borders."

Oh and yes John Lennon did say that in not so many words:

And no religion too
Imagine all the people
Living life in peace...

Oh no he didn't - in any words.

Instead of selective quoting in order to try to substantiate your nonsense statement, you should look at the lyrics more fully:

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace....."

If anything, he suggests that national and imperialism cause wars and killing and he most certainly does not say "that without religion there would be no wars."

Again you are making no sense. Salah Abdul Salem was born in Belgium and is a French national and so is fully entitled to a passport and to freedom of movement within the EU. I therefore don't understand why you believe "we need to close our borders."

Oh no he didn't - in any words.

Instead of selective quoting in order to try to substantiate your nonsense statement, you should look at the lyrics more fully:

"Imagine there's no countries
It isn't hard to do
Nothing to kill or die for
And no religion too
Imagine all the people living life in peace....."

If anything, he suggests that national and imperialism cause wars and killing and he most certainly does not say "that without religion there would be no wars."

I'm out.

I'll let you sit here being the PC preacher and pretending all is ok.

This thread is going nowhere really is it. This forum does make me chuckle.

:doh:

I'm out.

I'll let you sit here being the PC preacher and pretending all is ok.

This thread is going nowhere really is it. This forum does make me chuckle.

:doh:

And in return for your gracious gesture, I shall let you continue to talk out of your bottom on subjects about which you clearly have no understanding.

And in return for your gracious gesture, I shall let you continue to talk out of your bottom on subjects about which you clearly have no understanding.

I've plenty of understanding but I don't intend upsetting the self important brigade on here who are never wrong ;)

I've plenty of understanding but I don't intend upsetting the self important brigade on here who are never wrong ;)

Oh I doubt that they'd be upset.

In fact they probably enjoy watching you making rash statements and muddling John Lennon lyrics.

eu fix

9/11 = government .. 7/11 = government .. Paris = government ... Brussels = ? (Can u guess the answer) don't let their propaganda of fear blind you from the reality of what's really going on ‪#‎GovernmentBodiesAreMurderersInSuits‬ ‪#‎CorruptSystem‬ ‪#‎Scum‬ ‪#‎FearOfTheUnknown‬ ‪#‎OpperationMockingBird‬ ✊

9/11 = government .. 7/11 = government .. Paris = government ... Brussels = ? (Can u guess the answer) don't let their propaganda of fear blind you from the reality of what's really going on ‪#‎GovernmentBodiesAreMurderersInSuits‬ ‪#‎CorruptSystem‬ ‪#‎Scum‬ ‪#‎FearOfTheUnknown‬ ‪#‎OpperationMockingBird‬ ✊

AND right here is the beginnings of another lunatic, capable of being groomed by this poisonous insult to islam that is Daesh.

You need to seek help.

Anyone that blames this sort of thing on western foreign policies is blinkered to the fact that the west are not the only targets.

How could it be when these terrorist organisations kill fellow Muslims with equal or greater regularity.

These are not political acts. These are acts of barbarity against innocents and there is no justification or reasoning behind it aside from a lust for power, money and bloodshed.

Last edited:

Oh dear.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom