"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
BTB500

I think it could do that lol ;)

Well what a evening

lol Took the Front splash/undertray off to replace that comp piston ring, And...... Yep the torx 30's snapped :doh:

Lucky enough being a parts supplier i'd ordered a New pump just incase of failure tonight, So 1hour later the New Arnott pump (referbed) wabco unit was fitted.

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10247-mbpump.jpg

So lowered the car back down to the ground moved her forward and back a couple of times, then hit the raise button and she immediately raised and lowered very quickly and quietly :)

Went for a drive and wow sooo smooth felt good!! :bannana:

As it was a intermitant problem only time will tel but looking good so far, touch wood.

Also managed to get this on the 20 mile drive back from Colchester,

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10245-bestmpgv8.jpg

Come on ok its not cdi mpg but i was very chuffed lol:D

Also fitted a New Bonnet Star and 2x new Mb wiper's :) Big clean tomorrow me finks.

^ Lol. Within a week you have bettered my 3+year best MPG by 4mpg:D

Humm.. i did have a tail wind lol, I'm going to change the plugs very soon and give it a Oil change and revert back to standard air filters, i wonder if that will improve things? Not that im bothered of course, be no point in owning a Amg lol, But i do love seeing what i can get out of my cars.:D

I've had my s55 just over a week and I've not managed to get more than around 15mpg.... Hummmmmm!!!

Looks awesome

Wow... In the 29's. My personal best is in the 25's (my car is stock, don't know if that makes any difference).

How hard are you having to work at achieving these personal bests?

If you sit it at 70 and hit the cruise for an hour what's the number likely to be?

Most I ever got on a very careful run to Acid's (2.5 hours) was nearly 26 mpg IIRC.

That's probably 10% optimistic as per usual on car computers.

Wow... In the 29's. My personal best is in the 25's (my car is stock, don't know if that makes any difference).

Probably not except your smug level at sale time:)

Engine bay clean

Gave Brutus a good clean, and was pleased how the engine bay is coming along.

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10253-p1010058.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10251-p1010052.jpg

Really like that green hue on the paintwork Gav. Bet it looks great in the flesh.

Abit of a confession, i've never ever bought a car because of its colour, But when i saw this one..... well lol it just looked awesome.:rock:

Looks black most of the time, Just when the sun hits it show's the green.:thumb:

Looking good Gav.

Colour reminds me of my all time fav which is Oxford green a BMW colour. Although that's the opposite in it looks greeny black rather than blacky green like yours.

I think that makes sense lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom