"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Looking good Gav.

Colour reminds me of my all time fav which is Oxford green a BMW colour. Although that's the opposite in it looks greeny black rather than blacky green like yours.

I think that makes sense lol.

lol errrm sort of haha:thumb:

I know Oxford green quite well.

I remember the guy who came to buy my old M3 Evo turned up in an M3 GT - which was halfway between an E36 M3 and my Evo.

Those all came in Oxford Green and it does make sense - they seem to have a lot of black in them.

Gav, that's a great colour...

As I get older, I am appreciating green more in cars...

The small things

Manage to source a secondhand Rear arch liner, Tbh i was i little concerned what sort of state the Inner arch would be in, Considering its a Early car!

Phew.....

arch1.jpg

Gave it a good clean, rubbed down a very small abit of surface rust on the very lip of lower arch were they all go and painted it whilst i was there and clean out any hanging muck.

arch3.jpg

arch.jpg

She all very soild it would seem :)

brutus looks nice mate, very well spec`d, just missing the command!

the grill has been changed as that is not the distronic grill, should be sourced easily.

other than that, i love the colour, looks like a nice solid car!

catch up soon bud

Thanks for your help and the kind words Alps, Can you enlighten me on the grill? as i'd love to get the correct one? and yes shame it hasn't got the Large screen command, But there had to be a compromise somewhere lol

Also i think i read somewhere you bought the decal's for the front wings? id like to do the same, How do you know the correct position when fitting them?

Last edited:
Thanks for your help and the kind words Alps, Can you inlighten me on ther grill? as i'd love to get the correct one? and yes shame it hasn't got the Large screen command, But there had to be a compromise somewhere lol

its always confused me why the earlier ones came FULLY equipt but without full screen comand, can easily be retrofitted ;)

the distronic grill will have a square window to protect the distronic sensor behind it.

you can just about make it out on this pic

looking back at the pics, the original black grill may have had it although looked a bit different.

worth looking into!

still looks like a good choice with the balanced apart of mods

Last edited:
Looks great ;)

Love those wheels - very aggressive and what a spec !!!!
How the hell did you manage that mpg ???

How much was the pump From Arnott Gav ? Are you still
Experiencing any leaks ?

merc85 said:
Abit of a confession, i've never ever bought a car because of its colour, But when i saw this one..... well lol it just looked awesome.:rock: Looks black most of the time, Just when the sun hits it show's the green.:thumb:

That colour is lovely!

its always confused me why the earlier ones came FULLY equipt but without full screen comand, can easily be retrofitted ;)

the distronic grill will have a square window to protect the distronic sensor behind it.

you can just about make it out on this pic

looking back at the pics, the original black grill may have had it although looked a bit different.

worth looking into!

still looks like a good choice with the balanced apart of mods

Hi Alps

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10249-p1010048.jpg

Is this not it? the black square thing? perhaps looks a little different because of the colour. looks Oe?

After cleaning around the sensor its all been good, it was dropping out now and again.

merc85 said:
Thankyou Sir, i love it too looks amazing with the sun on it :)

I like the wheels but I think it would lift it somewhat if they were silver?

Looks great ;)

Love those wheels - very aggressive and what a spec !!!!
How the hell did you manage that mpg ???

How much was the pump From Arnott Gav ? Are you still
Experiencing any leaks ?

Fingers crossed used it last night 40 miles, done another 90 miles today and no suspension error's, Car is sitting lovely :thumb:

Mpg wise i do drive easy i went to Basildon and back today in cruise set it to 70mph "distronic" let the car do its thing, gave it 1 squirt not silly and managed 25.1mpg there, And 24.9mpg on the way back

The Arnott pump i got was £180 Plus vat, I got it through ECP in the end as i needed it that day.

You can get a Gen wabco "which is what the Arnott one was" from Germany for £209.

Whoops er... Wheels are BBS not sure what the name of them is, they are 19" and 9.5j alround.

Last edited:
I had a cracking 90 mile drive today, she returned 25mpg, The wife asked me if the Heated seat button on the dash was for the ejecter seat! lmfao:devil:

Did have a little blip, The lower centre consul "one with all the options" Rear blind, locks etc lost it's power, I did wiggle a couple of the related fuses number 29 and 40 in the side of the dash then started the car and all has been fine.

Will keep a eye on that one. I had been fiddling with the aux battery prior to this so next wkend i will have the out and have a look at some earths just incase.

Last edited:
From what I can see your grill is OEM (Distronic), looks like previous owner has sprayed it black. You can easily source a OEM Distronic grill from Germany if you want that original look.

Hi Alps

merc85-albums-brutus-picture10249-p1010048.jpg

Is this not it? the black square thing? perhaps looks a little different because of the colour. looks Oe?

After cleaning around the sensor its all been good, it was dropping out now and again.

that is it mate, i saw the other image wit hthe silver grill which did not have it

i think its all good!

:bannana:

Perfect name !! My c43 was called "Goliath" which fitted perfectly too

They are BBS CH wheels by look of it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom