"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Fingers crossed used it last night 40 miles, done another 90 miles today and no suspension error's, Car is sitting lovely :thumb:

So was it the pump that was duff in the end?

Pipercross filters!!

Lifetime performance filters!! Really??

I was going to put this in a Performance thread but i dont want a big for n against argument!

I was going to leave the servicing for another 500 miles it was last done at 105k she's now on 107,700 Thank god i didnt.

I had a look in the airbox just thought id better and hey ho so called performance air filters were breaking up! how the hell and i dont know if any bit's have been digested by the m113 or not.

I hoovered the airbox's out and degreased them put a nice new pair of proper panel filter's in there from one of my supplier's.

Why oh why do people buy these cars and not maintain them is beyond me. I'm not blaming the previous owner, BUT one of the previous owners must have thought it was good idea. Fit and forget humm......

life1.jpg

life2.jpg

life3.jpg

Makes the 29.9 mpg even more impressive on clogged air filters!! :fail

Just found out they have only done 5k! I deffo wouldn't recommend piper cross going on this.

Could they have been knock offs?

May have been, They do look genuine though, cant believe they have fallen apart like that within 5k:crazy:

Will be interesting to see how it drives with the correct ones in.

May have been, They do look genuine though, cant believe they have fallen apart like that within 5k:crazy:

Will be interesting to see how it drives with the correct ones in.

Yeah seems very poor especially from a well known brand. Have not used any performance panel filters since the 90's personally.

I didn't notice any difference after my inherited K&Ns were removed in terms of sound or performance on my E55.

I would never fit an after-market replacement myself - OEM only.

I went on a 118 mile round trip yesterday B roads going down M way all the way back...22.6mpg..bloody b roads are to tempting in Somerset lol Hmmm this might sway it for a remap & pulley 29mpg !!!

I went to basildon and back Sunday, approx 90mile drive in distronic @ 70mph, got caught in traffic for coming out of town 5-10 mins averaged and managed 25mpg. (with knackered) air filters.

I went to basildon and back Sunday, approx 90mile drive in distronic @ 70mph, got caught in traffic for coming out of town 5-10 mins averaged and managed 25mpg. (with knackered) air filters.

Gav, you sure you didn't get the right car but the wrong engine ?d;)

Aux Battery!!

Here we go again lol, On changing the pollen filter i see she/he ;) has the original Merc battery since 2002! lol.

So i've replaced that today also thought it may have a impact on my Ongoing issue with the Centre console but it hasn't changed anything.

But it needed doing and its a higher powered one the Oe.

battery.jpg

I also traced the annoying rattle i was getting when i was driving down the road, it sounded like it was coming from the rear parcel shelf!

It was somesort of broken plastic clip which was lodged between the Glass sunroof and the flip up wind deflector, Whilst i was there i greased the runners which was well over due.

Last edited:
Mer finishing wax

Gave the beast a coat of Mer Black series Finishing wax, Awesome stuff very easy on and off with a great smooth finish.

Nice bit of Green fleck showing too ;)

finsh.jpg

finsh2.jpg

Why wasn't it this easy to get a deep shine with my Silver Merc lolol:D

Yeah... but you don't have to clean a silver car as much.

My father's silver W210 stays clean for ages lol.

Have you got a part Number for the accessory battery ?

Have you got a part Number for the accessory battery ?

Hi Lenny63

Yes sure, the exide part number is ET14B-BS AGM battery 190a (en)

Well done lots today! Mainly chasing this fault code:

Error code 9096

Control unit N93 (Audio Central gateway control unit) is not transmitting data on the CAN bus.

Central Controller module no communication

Turns out i believe this tobe the Audio's Amp/comms Unit which talks to the front canbus then onto the Centre consol which is why the consol sometimes work sometimes doesn't :/

So far the consol works 100% of the time when the car is locked, if left unlocked for over 15mins it can be fun getting it woken up.

I've spoken to Command on line There price was £720 fitted! as mine has 810 Harden Kardon System, if it was the std set up it would have been £379!

Merc's price was £600 plus vat and a Poss coding but tbh the bloke at Mb didnt know what he was doing....... :fail

So at the moment whilst the System is working when i want it too im going to keep it in mind keep looking for a used unit until i cant bare it anymore how ever long that is??? knowing me probably till next week lolol:wallbash:

Last edited:
Stress time to de stress!!!

Since having the boot trim out chasing said code, guess what i came across?? a leaking Air line to the Dynamic seats:doh:

Oh well only went and and replace the line from compressor to what i suppose is the air tank. Leak now all fix'd and i can enjoy the pulse lol

One question... does the pulse time out at all??? as after a while it stopped? then abit of a time later i pressed the button it activated again :D

Anyway i thought on my travel id drive to Witham for a de stress, What a cracking drive i so love distronic at 60mph, got this.

witham.jpg

5.4 ltr v8 , 560 cough hp.... Cake n eat it??? lol oh yes:rock:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom