"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just a small update as a few peeps have asked about the spec of the wheels, I had the fronts off tonight to have a look and clean out the dirt trap by the upper wishbones so made a note.

The Wheels i'm pretty sure are BBS replica's :( No BBS marks on the back, Size is 19x9.5j and are ET45 , have a marking of WLA or VLA and Part number of HS1995701 They are not that old i dont think as there are not corroded, but have been kirbed. Looks like although i didn't measure with a rule, the Spacers on the front are 10mm this is so the badge can still fit the wheel when mounted as the hubs protrude through a good way due to the shallow offset.

I've got a nice set of AMG 18s for sale ;)

Thankyou Sir, ;) I'm going to wait till the tyres are worn out then decide from there, it will also allow me to save up Some ££'ss lol as i've been spending abit getting her/him up to scratch as you do with any "fault free" car you buy :D

Yeh, the Pulse times out on mine too. Recall reading somewhere that it's meant to.

Thankyou Sir, ;) I'm going to wait till the tyres are worn out then decide from there, it will also allow me to save up Some ££'ss lol as i've been spending abit getting her/him up to scratch as you do with any "fault free" car you buy :D

Might take a while with the 28mpg you are getting!!!!!

Lol you could be right, It's got so much torque you really don't need to thrash about, I'm just enjoying the ride.
Hopefully going to do North Weald an Santapod next year to see what it does over the 1/4.

Arrrrrrrgh!! more Gateway issues :(

Still trying to get to the bottom of this, Didnt use the car for a couple of days, left it locked overnight and made no difference....

Still no power at the centre console despite the cd changer behind it spinning behind it!

Thought sod it, i'd have a quick look at the Gateway and grab a Part number off it. a2118272042 Harmon Kardon.

harman.jpg

After putting it all back together and still no joy i took the family out for a drive. Got to Ipswich about 20 miles locked the car, 30 mins later came out and yep!! all working again Arrrrrrrrgh and its continued to work all day.

This is typical of what its been like, go for a drive and the system seems to wake up and you have power back at the unit, I'm going to try a New large battery next to rule that out and see what happens.

Please if anyone has any more ideas it would be good to hear, I think Alex Crow is next port of call after a battery.

Not all Doom and Gloom!!

After the BK meal with my wife and Boys we took a spirited drive over to Shotley and wow i'm begging to get this whole"AMG" thing, The dynamic seats worked a treat the brakes are awesome and the suspension really sure footed, obviously i wasn't going mad because of obvious reasons but the car really did live upto expectations. "AMG" wise anyway.

shot1.jpg

shot2.jpg

shot3.jpg

My Boys, me and Brutus lol:D

What do the boys think of it now?

Are you an Uber-cool dad?

I remember TDE1 saying he used his for a prom once.

I used mine to make (what I didn't know at the time was) my late mum's last few journeys to her appointments in London a lot less stressful!

These cars are a work of genius by MB.

I'd love to be able to help with your technical issues but I never really hit them in mine except when the batteries and alternator were foobar'd and I sold it with everything working!

Don't forget that if it's had any sort of remap that the OBD will be way out.

Or alternatively you could use it to convince the wife how good it is on fuel!

Don't forget that if it's had any sort of remap that the OBD will be way out.

Or alternatively you could use it to convince the wife how good it is on fuel!

My Cdi was mapped and the OBD was very accurate, but your correct the only real way is by doing a brim to brim test to get the average.

I don't need to do that test...... Mines just under bad :D

I tell you what doesn't help!!! £1.25.6 a litre to fill up! :crazy:

True and was so nicely for a 1£ not that long ago :-(

Here we go Again lol

Some of you may remember my e320 cdi, which tbf i got to a really good standard, But it was fairly clean to start with.

Now we have Brutus..... where do i start lol well front to rear and underside.:crazy:

Plastic's are all off being treated and bin under there cleaning up, It's going to be a long haul with this one...

Oh i may have also found out what has been causing the Centre console loss of power too, But more will be revealed Finger's crossed friday as i'm awaiting a part ;)

I've also given her a good long Oil change, 8.5 ltr's of Mobil 1, 0w40. I drained both sump's and replaced both sump plugs and washers with new.

One sump plug still had the mb Colour code mark on it and was rusty as hell. The other bolt was also rusty strange when it's been replaced only 8 months ago at 105k. She's now done 108k.

Attachments

• brutdet.jpg
    brutdet.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 56
  • brutet1.jpg
    brutet1.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 65
  • brutdet2.jpg
    brutdet2.jpg
    52 KB · Views: 65
Last edited:
The bolt should not be rusty, may be not a OEM bolt? Both my bolts are fine with no sign of rust, I have done a number of oil changes so I know.

The detailing continues

Been under there a few evenings now, And Brutus is starting to look fresh.

I've taken the under floor plastics off cleaned and treated them, Whilst they were off i rubbed down sill lips and painted those and around the jacking points and chassis rails, also painting the brake pipes on the way.

I've also got 4x new lower arms which i will be replacing at the weekend along with new concentric bolts and making note of the camber and caster settings.

rust1.jpg

rust2.jpg

rust3.jpg

Few more pics to follow

Pic's

rust4.jpg

rust5.jpg

rust6.jpg

Lower arms are made by Comline to Oe spec along with Febi Camber Bolts, Both are supplier's of mine and also been fitted to a friends w211 which improved it no end :)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom