"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
U r getting old mate,welcome to the club of old back aching gits lol

Gav, I remember your first looking for an E55k thread. Makes me chuckle now.

Just goes to show what I said was correct as look how you have cared for a modded motor.

Ffs couldn't help myself, Went and bought this pmsl

View attachment 61020

Had a measure up and it will Just fit 26 x 7 x 3.5 , supports upto 1,200hp and should complement the Johnsons pump well.

Also Purchased 2x 1/2bsp to 19mm Hose connectors to suit the Oe Hoses.

Should be here from the USA in early January, Well whats another few ££s i've just got fit it without the wife noticing lol:D

good call mate, will make a world of difference to cooling, i dont think yours has the separate oil cooler, so should be easier to replace.

good call mate, will make a world of difference to cooling, i dont think yours has the separate oil cooler, so should be easier to replace.

Oh right that was the difference? i kept looking at other e55k and they had a Oil cooler under the Intercooler?

Mine hasn't by the looks, So yes ive got the extra space required directly under the front crash bar.:thumb:

Gav, I remember your first looking for an E55k thread. Makes me chuckle now.

Just goes to show what I said was correct as look how you have cared for a modded motor.

The Main reason was i didnt want one that had been thrashed and not looked after, Drive them hard by all means but at least keep on top of Stuff when it needs replacing.

"Debatable" whether that was done with Brutus tbh lots of bills for stuff but im not so sure said garages did all the work. BUt like i've said i've done all the work thats been required and Brutus is now driving and handling like new.

Going like a train, and looking the part also. Thanks again for the peeps on here that have helped with all my little issues ive had. :)

Just read from the beginning. Congratulations on all your hard work, great looking car and what a great colour. The car is a credit to you.
It reminds me when I bought the CL which over the years has had as much work on it as you have done, the only difference is Olly of PCS did all the work and at least you had Airmatic and not ABC !! Which I am now selling after six very enjoyable years. Good luck and I bet you can't wait for the summer so you can really enjoy the fruits of your labour.

If i'm honest, i love to make it a little quieter lol Yours was perfect John in that respect sounded awesome and no drumming!

Mines had a secondery de-cat, X-pipe and 2x Powerflow rear silencers, i find its alittle loud at 50mph but other than that its ok.

Sounds like Nascar at high rpm lol:devil:

It will be the backboxes doing it. Mine were standard although I had the X pipe and full de-cat.

I know bud, Id love a pair of std box's yours sounded fantastic:rock:

Give Imran a call at MSL Gav. I bet he has a couple of OEM back boxes off a 55 knocking around. I think ChrisA had his IPE fitted there so maybe even some CLS55 boxes hiding there. Imran still has my secondary cats and resonator:D

Hurry up though, as that new nipper is going to cost you:doh::D

Give Imran a call at MSL Gav. I bet he has a couple of OEM back boxes off a 55 knocking around. I think ChrisA had his IPE fitted there so maybe even some CLS55 boxes hiding there. Imran still has my secondary cats and resonator:D

Hurry up though, as that new nipper is going to cost you:doh::D

Haha im totally Xmas'd out so will have to wait a while. Booooo hissss lol

Abit of a tidy

On the under side again lol, Cleaning and painting various brackets, The down pipes bracket wasn't done up properly :dk: so i sorted that out along with rubbing down and painting the centre bar below the X-pipe which was spaced out with 2x washers under each bolt?? ffs really? dont know what some people thinks right.

Anyway all looking rather clean under there now, Just got to wait for it to dry and give it a second coat.

merc85-albums-brutus-17-12-16-picture10331-paint2.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-17-12-16-picture10333-paint4.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-17-12-16-picture10334-paint5.jpg

merc85-albums-brutus-17-12-16-picture10335-paint6.jpg

Also sporting it's recent new Gearbox mount in the last pic lol, Dam i wish a had a Ramp

Ffs couldn't help myself, Went and bought this pmsl

View attachment 61020

Had a measure up and it will Just fit 26 x 7 x 3.5 , supports upto 1,200hp and should complement the Johnsons pump well.

Also Purchased 2x 1/2bsp to 19mm Hose connectors to suit the Oe Hoses.

Should be here from the USA in early January, Well whats another few ££s i've just got fit it without the wife noticing lol:D

is there enough room under the front to fit this

Yes minty its actually 1" shorter than the Stock cooler, but is 3.5" thick stock is 2", so it will sit just under the front crash bar.

7" is the depth so the cooler will just touch the Splash guard/undertray. I've had the grilles out and had a good measure up.

I think you really OUGHT to check out your gearbox cooler on the rad & separate it...so I can follow your guide ;)

I think you really OUGHT to check out your gearbox cooler on the rad & separate it...so I can follow your guide ;)

By the looks of it Mine has only a small cooler running vertically above the crash bar, and another Just forward the Osf Wheel arch. I've seen others with the cooler just lower of the Intercooler but mine is not like that.:dk:

Brutus got some fresh air

Gave the car a run into work today, Looks stunning after a wax with Zymol Carbon.

amg3.jpg

amg1.jpg

Checked the manual that button defo activated / deactivates the charcoal filter.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20161220_163152.jpg
    ForumRunner_20161220_163152.jpg
    39.5 KB · Views: 39
Having seen it in the flesh I can only say didn`t expect any less than a stunning and shiny beast.U`ve given me an inspiration mate,now my estate is on the road so hopefully down load the file for modifying and map it tomorrow.

Crikey Gav, I've been away a couple of months and you've gone and got yourself an AMG :thumb:
Good for you, but I've just read the whole thread and wow, you've put some work into it !
I can only sit here and admire your dedication mate, and you WILL end up with the car you deserve. Summer will be here soon and then you can get out and enjoy the fruits of your labour.

Congrats too for the new addition to the clan :bannana:

Small update

Well, i've been abit quiet on here lately this is due to my Wife giving birth to our beautiful baby boy on the 21st of December.

Unfortunately he has hirschsprungs disease just like his older brother, so we have only just got him home from NICU in Norwich. No thanks to the NHS who again failed us both at our local hospital and in Norwich. (but thats another subject)

Anycase his on the road to recovery now, I was commuting from Harwich to Norwich and done 1,000 miles in Brutus.

See the pic's below, Its going to take some cleaning lol, Car ran lovely and was great getting to know it. Of course i had one little problem which was a RED screen of death "OIL LEVEL FAULT VISIT WORKSHOP" this mostly comes on from cold, after on turn off and turn back on its usually ok.

Checked the Oil via the computer and workshop dipstick and the car hasn't used a drop in 2,500 miles so im putting this down to the level sensor which should be here tomorrow. ;) Cost £89 inc vat from MBPart number a0009056201.

Car returned 21.98mpg over a tank of 365 miles, I hit kick down once for the 1st time lol and the power is like being hit with a Sledgehammer :D

dirt1.jpg

dirt2.jpg

dirt3.jpg

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom