"Brutus" the e55k Project

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
New Heater Valve is here

I have ordered a new valve from Mb thinking its the problem to my recent Hot air only from the rear Passenger compartment.

The 1st time i notice the issue was when i was in London and its the 1st time ive touched the Ac settings.

I press the temps settings to "low" front and rear But i also faffed about with the Auto button and "ZERO" button in the centre of the display.

After a trip out last night the blowers were constantly on i pressed the right hand Auto button, the blowers slowed and the car achieved the correct setting remaining Really Cold front and rear setting at 18.

I had previously noticed over the wkend it would blow cold initially from the rear then go hot and stay hot, The fronts would remain cool/coldish.

In short i think ive pressed something i shouldn't have done lol, "touch wood" as all is fine.

Anyway here it is

Part number: a211 832 05 84

Cost £29.81 from Mb Colchester

heater.jpg

Sneaky Pic Outside my Unit, My Business partner has sense and drives a Lexus Ls430 lol

BRUTUSCURRENT.jpg

Sneaky Pic Outside my Unit, My Business partner has sense and drives a Lexus Ls430 lol

BRUTUSCURRENT.jpg

Who wins the drag races tho :D

Hi Gavin just had my aircon sorted at Into Cool at Burnham on Crouch,I know a bit of a drive,but Chris who runs it is easily the best aircon man I have ever found,hope your new part sorts the beast out.

Hi Gavin just had my aircon sorted at Into Cool at Burnham on Crouch,I know a bit of a drive,but Chris who runs it is easily the best aircon man I have ever found,hope your new part sorts the beast out.

I think what had happened was i had stopped the AUto climate, so was just pulling in outside Air, It seems ok now ive got it back on Auto but it havent had chance to give it a good drive.

If not i'm pretty confident its going to be the valve, Just didnt want to replace it if i didnt have to, "in true brutus style" lolol:D

BRUTUSCURRENT.jpg

I have commented positively on your car "Brutus" before.

I would indeed say nice things about it/him again only you ignored me when I offered to take the Brut of your hands. Obviously a lot of work and effort put in over the past 8 months or so, time that you could have spent more productively like, eh, well watching Coronation Street.

I made the offer in good faith even offered to collect him/it/Brutus free of charge.

I will however NOT be making a second offer (I am a man of principal) so I wish you both well and happy motoring.

Yours

Jealous as Feck

PS Stunning car and love the thread.:thumb:

I have commented positively on your car "Brutus" before.

I would indeed say nice things about it/him again only you ignored me when I offered to take the Brut of your hands. Obviously a lot of work and effort put in over the past 8 months or so, time that you could have spent more productively like, eh, well watching Coronation Street.

I made the offer in good faith even offered to collect him/it/Brutus free of charge.

I will however NOT be making a second offer (I am a man of principal) so I wish you both well and happy motoring.

Yours

Jealous as Feck

PS Stunning car and love the thread.:thumb:

Doh.......

Sorry if i have ignored you bud :doh: And thankyou for your kind words.

Myself and Brutus have a Love hate relationship lol, All the best:D

IAT Sensor

Going on SMed's Thread i thought i'd treat Brutus to a new Intake Air Temp sensor, Be rude not to seeing as we are a Febi Stockist.

37142febi.jpg

Febi 37142
Original unit is made by VDO

Brutus has always gone like a Train, But It's deffinatly smoother both on and off Boost, Was quite a easy install too Just below the Y piece under the throttle body.:thumb:

Test run Pic

Well be rude not too, Took a pic after a test run also the A/c is still fine pmsl looks like i bought a new Duo valve for nothing doh excuse the dirty Camera lens ffs lol ;)

brutsea.jpg

When my duo valve went it took ages for it to pack altogether. I was forever checking the rear vents to see if they got hot.

Car looking great as always Gav.

Looking good Gav!

I'm not usually a fan of blacking out oem grilles but that really works well with the bonnet star! Nice work!

I'm not usually a fan of blacking out oem grilles but that really works well with the bonnet star! Nice work!

Thankyou Sir, It's been done the same colour code as the car, Ideally though i want Standard chrome one.

Duo Valve Doh....

Well...... as some of you predicted the Heater played up again, Sooo guess what i've been doing.

duo.jpg

Took around 1hour to fit and bleed up, Not a nice job but i've done far worse on these cars now lol.

So far so good was a pitta to get the valve back in but go there in the end. Finger's crossed Taking the car out tomorrow so will soon know whether it was the problem.

All worth it for Brutus haha

Btw MB bridge-end are great for parts they beat any dealership and next day shipping. Give them a bell if you need any OEM parts speak to Jason

All worth it for Brutus haha

Btw MB bridge-end are great for parts they beat any dealership and next day shipping. Give them a bell if you need any OEM parts speak to Jason

£29.00 this one from Mb Colchester, yes there are cheaper out there but ive built a good relationship with them and there local so like to keep my business that way, can be handy in the future but i do understand where your coming from. :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom