Bt - Aaaaaggggggggghhhhhhhhhhh

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jimmy

MB Enthusiast
Car
Discovery 3 TDV6, Discovery 300TDi - Plaything!
I have had a fault with our phoneline for over 7 weeks now, BT have been very slow and disorganised about dealing with it. They established that the undergound cable was damaged and causing the problem. So they laid a temporary cable on top of the ground until they could sort it. Their contractors quoted £1500 to lay a new cable so BT got two of their own engineers to bury the cable the depth of a spade all up my drive!!

Since we have had this above ground cable we have been getting a crossed line, in fact we can at times hold a four-way conversation. BT tell me tis is because of my cordless phone picking up my neighbours. I don't have any neighbours that are close enough and the same lady we get a crossed line with lives near London village. BT's answer was that the cable is acting as an aerial.

Anyway, I phoned again Saturday to re-report the fault, "it's because you are using a cordless"......I remained calm and explained that I have chucked the cordless in the garden shed just in case it was interfering but it's not so get somebody out. I was told an engineer would be here at 10:30am on Tuesday, I came home from work at 10:20, at 11:30 I phoned BT and was told the appointment was for between 10:30 and 1.00pm. It is now 1:15pm and no sign of anybody.

BT will not be getting paid from me for sometime!! :devil:

Is it possible to claim some sort of compensation from them? Something in the back of my mind tweaks bells as to compensation for days late / lost of service ect.

Definite compensation material here !

Do you have all contact with them documented with dates etc ? Put it all in writing to them, and don't give up ! They probably won't class your fault as loss of service, as the line has still worked even with the cross-line symptoms ; I would just ask them for a reasonable lump sum in consideration of all the inconvenience caused.

S.

Just spoke to BT again, "an engineer has been working on the fault all morning, the fault is at the exchange so he will not need to check your equipment".

Bloomin marvellous!

jimmy said:
Just spoke to BT again, "an engineer has been working on the fault all morning, the fault is at the exchange so he will not need to check your equipment".

Bloomin marvellous!

Translation . . . . we don't have a clue where the fault is, but couldn't be a***ed to send an engineer out . . . its probably at your end, but we'll send somebody when we can be bothered !

(Not that I'm bitter, or have to deal with BT a lot, or anything, you understand !)

I would politely enquire about their terms of providing service, standard fault resolution times, and escalation policy !

7 weeks is a joke !

S.

BT has a Customer Service guarantee. Look at their web site. Essentially, they pay you if your phone is out of service for more than a certain period of time. If you're not getting any joy, tell them that you are thinking of writing to the 'Chairman's Office' at 81 Newgate Street, London EC1A 7AJ (BT HQ).

Here's the link:

http://www.bt.com/customerservices/...cs_guarantee&childcat=fixed_rate_compensation

Last edited:
They will refund all your line rental for the 7 weeks at the very least. Have done it many times.

Jay

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom