BT Aura cordless telephones.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

baxlin

MB Enthusiast
SUPPORTER
Car
Skoda Octavia and JZR 3 wheeler
I bought a set of three of these about a month ago, and up to yesterday, have been very pleased with them.

But suddenly, they've started to display "out of range" on the screen, so we can't phone out, nor do they acknowledge any calls, even though the caller thinks we're just not answering.

I've reverted to an old corded phone for the time being, but does anyone have BT Aura 1500 phones, or come across this problem? If so any solution?

Thanks

Malcolm

Last edited:
PANASONIC DECT phones are pretty good.
I've used them with no problems.

Oh dear, the reviews don't look too encouraging...........

+1 for Panasonic - had ours a few years now, trouble free (touch wood!). However, I have 1 corded phone plugged in as well for the occasional power cut!

Panasonics are meant to be good. We've had three Philips DECT handsets for 8 years now though, without any issues at all.

Thanks, Sp!ke,

and everyone else, thanks for the panasonic ads! Rub salt in the wound, why don't you :D:D

Anyone else help with the problem with the BT phones though?

Thanks

Malcolm

Normally DECT phones are reliable, when they are playing up it usually indicated low batteries or the batteries need changing. But yours should be ok if only a month old.
Return them as they are non merchantible quality ( or in layman's terms duff)

Like others, we've had Panasonic phones in their various iterations for the last 28years, never had any problem. (Other than leaving them outside, dropping them in the loo, putting them in a bin etc etc etc :doh:)

When I bought my first flat back in 2002, I bought a set of BT DECT phones. Within 18 months, one was 'out of range' and refused to re-pair with the base station.

FC.

From that point on, no more BT phones.

I'm currently running Panasonic DECT and I even buy the rugged versions for various uses at work.

Excellent gear and never had a problem with them in a couple of years now.

Wish I'd bought these from the start - particularly as I had two fault-free VHS videos from them.

Certainly seems to be a trend with BT! I bought a pair and one failed within 6 weeks, both replaced and at 13 months one fails to see the base station and will not re-connect and the second has an intermittent display.

I don't think BT actually make them so I wonder which brand they actually use and whether the manufacturer varies at all...

Thanks for all the comments, chaps, I've solved the problem with a little help from the BT Helpline.

If anyone's thinking of buying cordless phones, I understand Panasonic are pretty good........:thumb:

Malcolm

Thanks for all the comments, chaps, I've solved the problem with a little help from the BT Helpline.

Go on then, what was wrong?

My daughter was given a BT set and they do seem rubbish compared to the ones we have, made by.....Panasonic!

Go on then, what was wrong?
TBH, Rory, I don't know how to answer - but if you were asking what the solution was, it was to reset the handset via the menu, then remove and replace the batteries. I'm concerned it will happen again though.

Malcolm

TBH, Rory, I don't know how to answer - but if you were asking what the solution was, it was to reset the handset via the menu, then remove and replace the batteries. I'm concerned it will happen again though.

Malcolm

It HAS happened again, and the same, if not worse, with the replacement set. I've had a BT engineer to check all the lines, both inside and outside the house, and he found one of the extension boxes had an earth short, so we disconnected that. Corded phones work OK, but still the BTAura ones show out of range, even when stood ON the base unit.

Looks like I'm going back to the supplier again.................

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom