BT dropped connection

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

robarn99

Hi all, wonder if any of you can help?

Have a E280 CDI sport, wonderful car!! Have BT module for the phone.

Just recently both my wife's Sony Ericsson C902 and my 3g iPhone keep losing BT connection. After ~10secs, but basically randomly, on a call we disconnect with loss of signal bars + 'Please insert your phone' message on the display. The little blue light on the module goes out at the same time. Nothing else 'funny' going on in the car. No new mods or anything.

Any ideas?? Is the BT module dying? It's driving us nuts to say the least. Oh, and I bought the car with module as new ~18/12 ago. Do I need to reset the unit and if so how?

Thanks in anticipation.

P.S. - from another thread - we're a mac household!

Did the BT connection previously work fine with these phones? I've seen comments about Sony Ericsson BT connection issues but iPhone owners have not reported such issues. I cannot see any other issue with the BT adapter other than the UHI connector, you might want to clean it and reattach the adapter.

Seemed to be working fine then didn't.
I'll try cleaning the connection on the UHI

Seemed to be working fine then didn't.
I'll try cleaning the connection on the UHI

Is your Audio otherwise fine, no interruptions? I was just wondering about MOST ring interruptions. But I would assume these would not disconnect a call, just the audio for the period of the interruption. Or would the phone controller reset to idle if it loses MOST connection, all the control signalling anyway pass through the MOST ring to/from the phone controller?

Audio has been fine just the phone - cleaned it this am and my iPhone seems to be ok so will try my wife's SonyE later

Audio has been fine just the phone - cleaned it this am and my iPhone seems to be ok so will try my wife's SonyE later

Hopefully cleaning was enough. But I guess it could still be on the fibre ring too if you have an Audio 20 CD head unit where the amp is not behind the fibre. If you have Comand/Audio 50 APS or if the audio is fine equally from a CDC, then the fibre ring should be fine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom