BT Fusion VOIP

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

flango

Hardcore MB Enthusiast
Car
Mercedes SLK R171
Hi All at work this morning at the motorsport outfit I do some work for and they have a problem. BT are discontinuing the use of their fusion product, which is basically a gsm phone that switches to VOIP when it is near its home router and broadband connection. Now BT are offering a rebranded service where the handset is a Blackberry and will switch to VOIP the same but guess what it's £48 per month dearer.

Does anyone know any good VOIP we can switch to with inclusive minutes? Most of the calls are to mobiles so would a mobile with loads of inclusive minutes be cheaper?

Ideal solution would be VOIP handset switching to GSM when leaving the premises.

We have already discounted Skype & Vonnage on cost and no inclusive minutes due to most of the calls are to mobiles.

Anyone running anything similar or got any ideas?

Thanks

Last edited:
Does anyone know any good VOIP we can switch to with inclusive minutes? Most of the calls are to mobiles so would a mobile with loads of inclusive minutes be cheaper?

Ideal solution would be VOIP handset switching to GSM when leaving the premises.

I think you're suggestion to look at a mobile deal with lots of minutes may work out to be competitive.

Also, if you go for a deal which has free calling within your network then that frees up inclusive minutes for use with other networks - especially if you have several phones in the organisation as that gives you free 'internal' calls *.

* Subject to 'fair usage'

3 / Three do a skype mobile for not a lot of £ - it would be worth having 2 mobiles out in the field as all calls from office to mobile would be free.

Im not an expert on the 3 mobi but I am on VoIP and skype and I have heard a lot about companies snapping up the 3 mobiles from the industry.

Try a high minute package on Vodafone with 'stop the clock' feature. Talk for 59 mins and it costs 3 mins of your time.

Skype is big no-no on the company network. Don't even go that route! Plus they are expensive for outbound calls.

Cheers
Chris

Skype is big no-no on the company network. Don't even go that route! Plus they are expensive for outbound calls.

Cheers
Chris

I agree as in previous post Skype & Vonnage already out of the running

I sell Hosted VoIP solutions, if you want me to price up a solution I would be happy to, please drop me a pm and we can talk.

Best regards

Tan

I dont see how a skype to skype mobile to office link is expensive - its free ? I agree its hard / impossible to integrate skype with a pbx but as a standalone solution its 1st class.

Comms.com are very good for voip solutions

Hi All at work this morning at the motorsport outfit I do some work for and they have a problem. BT are discontinuing the use of their fusion product, which is basically a gsm phone that switches to VOIP when it is near its home router and broadband connection. Now BT are offering a rebranded service where the handset is a Blackberry and will switch to VOIP the same but guess what it's £48 per month dearer.

We have already discounted Skype & Vonnage on cost and no inclusive minutes due to most of the calls are to mobiles.

Anyone running anything similar or got any ideas?

Thanks

Is this not what you need?

http://www.btbroadbandoffice.com/mobile/mobile-email/bt-office-anywhere

Cheers

Jerry

Do not consider a Blackberry unless you are using it for emails on the go. Most likley they are trying to sell these sort of devices to try and sign you in for data or email services as the fixed line voice market offers them little profit.

I agree its hard / impossible to integrate skype with a pbx but as a standalone solution its 1st class.

All our staff have Skype though after 18 months only a minority use it regularly. We don't use Skypeout very often and have never used Skypein. Skype generally but not always works pretty well. However you can get call quality problems.

The hard part as you say is integrating it.

I think Skype have missed a trick on this. They should offer a subscription virtual PABX facility both as a remote service and as installable server software (or even a small SkypeBox PABX? ) to allow businesses to manage their comms and also provide conferencing / remote meeting capabilities.

Not only integration with PBX is a problem- the way they work (P2P), is pretty much not acceptable in most companies. Hard to control...

Cheers
Chris

P2P definitely not acceptable with the clientele this company deal with, BT are being extremely good at the moment trying to find an accepatble solution under the current contract even if it means using a 3rd party provider, pretty impressive for them I think?

hi Flanaia1,

You can get hold of the Nokia E71 on vodafone, it can be used as a normal telephone when not near a Wifi source and can be used as VOIP phone when your connected to Wifi.

Regards,

Orange offered something like this too.

Kate

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom