BT Mail Issue

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
I am in the process of changing from an old Dell pc to an Apple. I set up the BT site on the Apple but when I go to sign in for BT mail, I get the message " wrong email address or wrong password". Yet the same email address and password work on the BT site on the Dell pc. I don't really want to change the password on the Apple. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

I’ve got no idea what you mean.

The username and password to logon to a website will be the same, regardless of the device?

1. Are you actually typing-in the full username and password on both devices? Or are you relying on previously-cashed info, and you just click on the 'Login' button without typing-in the full password each time?

2. Also, does the password contain any special characters (@ " ~ $ # etc)? If so, then this can be a potential issue, because of the different keyboard layouts (Apple vs Win, and UK vs US).

Typing the password into a text editor so that you can see it is correct and then using cut and paste is one way to check for keyboard layout issues.

Are you using the same method of connecting IMAP / POP as the Dell on the Mac?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom