BT Mail Issue

Discussion in 'PC and I.T support/Advice posts' started by l5foye, Oct 14, 2018.

1. l5foye

l5foye Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    ML 300CDI
    I am in the process of changing from an old Dell pc to an Apple. I set up the BT site on the Apple but when I go to sign in for BT mail, I get the message " wrong email address or wrong password". Yet the same email address and password work on the BT site on the Dell pc. I don't really want to change the password on the Apple. Is there anything I can do to sort this out?

2. clk320x

clk320x MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W211 E320 CDI - W212 E250 CDI
    I’ve got no idea what you mean.

The username and password to logon to a website will be the same, regardless of the device?

3. markjay

markjay MB Club Veteran

Car:
    W204 C180 Executive SE 2013 Automatic / COMAND NTG4.7 and Morel speakers fitted by www.comand.co.uk
    1. Are you actually typing-in the full username and password on both devices? Or are you relying on previously-cashed info, and you just click on the 'Login' button without typing-in the full password each time?

2. Also, does the password contain any special characters (@ " ~ $ # etc)? If so, then this can be a potential issue, because of the different keyboard layouts (Apple vs Win, and UK vs US).

clk320x likes this.
  4. 400ixl

400ixl Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    E250 AMG Sport Convertible
    Typing the password into a text editor so that you can see it is correct and then using cut and paste is one way to check for keyboard layout issues.

Are you using the same method of connecting IMAP / POP as the Dell on the Mac?