BT scam?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Druk

Gone but not forgotten - RIP
Car
2011 S212 E350CDi. 1981 R107 300TurboDiesel.
This email arrived today. Suspicious or genuine? I clicked on the 'linkemail' and the iPad scanner threw it out.

Important information about your email service
Hello,

As you've used your email address in the last 90 days, we need to let you know about some changes we're making.

We're closing some of our older email services. That means your BT email address will stop working after 10 July 2015, unless you add it to your BT Broadband account. If you don't do that, you'll lose your email address as well as the contacts and messages associated with it.

Keep your email by adding it to your BT Broadband account
If you want to keep it, it's quick, easy and free. Just link your email address to your BT Broadband account by following the steps at bt.com/linkemail.
We sent you this message because you've got BT Broadband. If that's not right and you want to find out how to keep your BT email address, go to bt.com/emailchanges.

Don't need your email address any more?
If you don't want to keep your email address, and everything associated with it, tell us and we'll delete it for you.
I don't want my email address

To find out more, or for information on how to save copies of your messages and contacts before 10 July 2015, go to bt.com/emailchanges.

Libby Barr
Managing Director, Sales and Service

One to remember if/when you decide to ditch BT Broadband! Many are considering that as a result of what they're doing re BT Sport - hell of a thread on the subject on the MSE Forum.

I use an aol.com email address - I haven't been with aol for years and years, but the address still works.

Thing is...if I tap on the sender email addy '@btcomms' it opens as [email protected]. Hmmmm :confused:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom