BT SMS Delivery Service

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

imadoofus

MB Enthusiast
Car
This and that.
I've just had a robot call from "The BT SMS Delivery Service" telling me to press 1 to hear the message. So I did, and apparently I was excellent last night, and I can expect a call tomorrow.

I'm not on BT, so I assume it's a scam.

What's it about then?

PJ

Wait till you get the bill for receiving the message?

I did ask. And she looked incredulous.

I think it was for her. :(

Theres no bill, my panny phones can actually pick the message up.
All you do is send a text to a bt landline number.

But I don't have a BT landline. That's why I assume it;s a scam, but I don't know what they expected to gain...

perhaps it was sent from a BT Line. Just a wild guess. Also most providers I think use BT infrastructure.

David

Godot said:
Just Googled it

Yeah, I found that before I posted on here yesterday. Doesn;t tell me much either.

I've Googled the mobile number the SMS apparently came from, and that comes up with nothing.

And no, I am not going to call the number to see what happens ;)

someone has sent you a txt.. you can send a txt to any landline, doesnt have to be bT but i think BT deliver the voice SMS to any land line.
maybe by mistake?
easy to send to the wrong person if you are hungover on a sat morning!

Wait till you get the bill for receiving the message?
If someone has called you, unless you have accepted reverse charges prior to the call there is no way they can bill you for the call, at least for a home phone line with no PBX etc installed ;)

you can text any landline from a mobile and a computerised lady reads the message. The best bit is that you can swear like a docker in your text and she reads it word for word in a slightly posh tone.

Was really funny when it first came out

If someone has called you, unless you have accepted reverse charges prior to the call there is no way they can bill you for the call, at least for a home phone line with no PBX etc installed ;)

By presing 1 did he not accept the charges?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom