BT Telephone Problem

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Landlines can be easier for those of us with hearing problems.

What am I missing? Genuinely have no idea why anyone would still have one, unless it is for decoration.
I use my landline to call my mobile everytime I misplace it. 😁🫣😊

But seriously, for those who need a landline for the internet they may as well plug a phone into it. It’s doing no harm whatsoever.

My landline has an international calls package, which we use for calling older relatives abroad who don't have smartphones.

We have almost got fibre in our remote Norfolk village, but not yet. That means we have to have a landline based connection for the interweb.
That's one reason some still have a landline. We do have a couple of handsets, but I could not tell you the number.

We have almost got fibre in our remote Norfolk village, but not yet. That means we have to have a landline based connection for the interweb.
That's one reason some still have a landline. We do have a couple of handsets, but I could not tell you the number.
Nowhere near rural Norfolk (or rural anywhere) here, but Fibre has only just reached our 'cabinet' which is 1.5 miles distant. It's copper the rest of the way. Positively dark ages.
4hqadLG2VwfPNy-bcbPdkNTFe8z8r5w5caxDOux3VAA.jpg

For rural members without fibre

My landline has an international calls package, which we use for calling older relatives abroad who don't have smartphones.
We were doing exactly that until we realised that we were using the handset to call their mobile numbers. In addition, we were actually the older relatives.😂

We ditched the landline when we switched from VirginMedia to our local community fibre provider, reducing the cost by 2/3 in the process and increasing the speed from 350mb/s down/20mb/s up to 940mb/s both ways (which is so far above my requirements that I may never notice the improvement!).

We just had to re-educate one daughter and one friend that the landline no longer existed. Everything else was junk calls.

So…anyone want to buy 3 x Beocom 6000 II, a Beocom 2 banana phone, all with chargers, and the inline pstn…?😂

We have 1gbps Fibre from Hyperopic, and 80mbps FTTC from BT, but we still keep two BT analogue lines....

We ditched the landline when we switched from VirginMedia to our local community fibre provider, reducing the cost by 2/3 in the process and increasing the speed from 350mb/s down/20mb/s up to 940mb/s both ways (which is so far above my requirements that I may never notice the improvement!).

We just had to re-educate one daughter and one friend that the landline no longer existed. Everything else was junk calls.

So…anyone want to buy 3 x Beocom 6000 II, a Beocom 2 banana phone, all with chargers, and the inline pstn…?😂
Junk calls was the reason I ditched the land line. One thing I have lost out on the fun to be had convincing a scammer from Bangalore that he actually had on old codger about to hand over his life savings.

Unfortunately getting an increasing number on the mobile now.

Old school analogue phones will stop working next year anyway....your will need digital ones connected to the net one way or another.....which we have had at work for a few years.

I have fibre internet at home......but as far as i know the fibre is only up to the exchange......the last bit and the bit that goes into my house is copper....so not sure how that will work. They cant possibly be swapping every bit of copper for fibre within 12 months.....around here that would cause carnage as all the phone lines are under ground (in the same concrete pipe as water, gas, power and phone....which of course would never be allowed now!!)

Last edited:
"0ld school analogue phones" will not stop working, you just need to plug them in to the router rather than a wall phone socket. I have FTTP with digital voice and all my "old school" analogue phones work just fine as I have connected all the wall sockets to the router so it works as before

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom