BTinternet.com

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

l5foye

Car
ML 300CDI
Does anyone here use btinternet.com for emailing? When I go to open my mail on it, up pops a message about cookies. Each time you have to click on it to get to your email.
Is there any way of getting rid of this? I find it quite annoying.

I use btinternet but not quite sure what you mean about cookies, are you logging in via a browser to view your emails or using Mac mail or Outlook.

If browser it sounds like the settings for cookies.

Someone very clever may be along soon.

Good luck.

Robin

Thanks Headhurts for replying.
When I go to BT mail, a box entitled Cookies on BT.com .The choice is Edit and OK. You cannot proceed until you click Ok.
Trying to Edit doesn't do anything.
I am logging on via a browser. I am getting resigned to just having to put up with it.

I have just logged on via my browser and indeed the cookie option pops up but these days every site you visit has this cookie option which I believe was an EU mandate when there was some fuss about cookies on personal computers a while ago.

I am not sure if I logged in later whether this would pop up again or remember my settings.

would it not be much easier to use a mail app like Outlook?

Robin

Clear the browser Cookies via the settings menu, and then when it appears again it should save it for a month.

Maybe you've accidentally ticked a box that automatically clears cookies when you log out? Just a thought......

Use Windows Mail or MS Outlook and you won't have this problem.

I'm glad someone's raised a question about BTinternet. I have several BTinternet email accounts and use MS Outlook. I've recently been getting emails from BT telling me to change my IMAP/POP3 and SMTP settings from mail.yahoo.com to mail.btinternet.com. I have no problem with this, if only it worked, but it doesn't. I called BT technical who said wait until it doesn't work anymore then change the settings :confused: . They also said we cannot guarantee BT email will work on Outlook. Hmm. How many millions use Outlook I wonder?

I'm not convinced by BT's advice. Anyone else have this problem and have you solved it ? TIA.

I've been using Outlook with BT mail for about 8 years, no problems, you just need the correct server settings if it won't set up automatically.

BT are extortionate and their customer satisfaction is very poor, why not try someone else who can provide a better service and you won't require a Philadelphia lawyer to understand their bills every month?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom