Bubbles

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

david_e

Car
E 220 CDi Coupe 2013
No, not the gorgeous woman at the health spa (Little Britain) :) but the effects of corrosion on my alloys. Mainly around the centre of the wheels leading onto the spokes. (Car is 2.9 years old)

The Merc dealer took photos a week ago and said would email to MB and get back to me.

Is it normal to get the wheels changed under warranty?

Might they re-furbish them?

If they tell me to b****er off - what can I do?

Under MB warranty any replaceemt alloy wheels are always refurbs (normally done by a compamy called Prestine).

What style alloy wheels do you have? - Is your car a classic/elegane/avantgarde or are your alloys upgraded at all?

Personally, I feel that refurbs are never as good as new but some places may do a cracking job compared to others.

Keep on pressuring MB and your claim should go through.

Flash

Thanks, the wheels are upgrades to a Classic and are fairly standard (bought at new).

Will give em a call and see how I get on.

Looks like they are fitting new 're-furbished' ones as you say, (takes a few weeks for them to arrive) thanks again.

Not a problem - the upgraded SE Classic alloys look good (especially when clean - 7 spoke design I belive). Refurbs should be ok with this specific design as not a complicated design. If you are not happy with the finish then immedialey inform MB/Stealer and make sure that the issue is rectified and kick up a fuss and you may be eligible to have brand new alloys. Feel the surface of the exterior to make sure it is silk smooth and shiny, and if you want to be really fussy then feel the inside of the rim itself with your hand and if that is rough then kick up a fuss and say you too want that smooth like the OEMs as brake dust/dirt will be difficult to remove if you were to clean the inside of the wheels by removing them ;) .

Good luck.

Flash

Last edited:
Thanks again. The bod at the dealer recommended 'waxing' the wheels to prevent this sort of thing happening - seems to make sense so will get some appropriate stuff to put on when it is ready.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom