Bucket Seats in a 190E?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

james95s

Car
Honda Accord 2002
Hello

Has anyone here fitted bucket seats into a Mercedes 190E? I am trying to find out if I need tailored subframes or whether the original ones could be used? I use the car for the odd track day so want something that offers a bit more support than the standard seats. These are the ones i'm looking at - Bucket Seats. It says they come with sliders but I know they are unlikely to bolt straight in. I'm not bad with my hands so can do basic mods to the subframes but if it is a really big job then id rather take it to a garage to do. Has anyone here fitted seats like this and if so how big of a job was it? :)

Any help would be great!

Mate, get a set of standard seats and rip the runners off , weld new seats on , simples or alternatively buy my custom recaros with frames already fitted off me :)

The 190 Cosworths had semi bucket seats with side bolsters and would fit directly. Would be difficult to rig a full harness though I would imagine?

I fitted Cobra monaco's in a CLK w208 in the past... we had to make the seat frames... only took about 20mins with a mig and a grinder and some elbow grease...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom