Buckled Alloy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

saorbust

MB Enthusiast
Car
CLS350CDI
Hi all,

Discovered one of my wheels has a nasty buckle in it on the inner rim - probably caused by the ultra smooth roads we all experience now. ...:crazy:

Would anyone know where I can source a single one ? Part no is A2194012702

Thanks ! (Should show up as a 5 spoke 18 inch MB alloy for a 245/40/R18 tyre)

Have you tried a refurb company ? Lepsoms in Gillingham Kent can straighten most alloys and will also (within reason repair cracks) Could save a lot of money..

Regards

Bruce

I'm not so keen on refurbs. My view is once it's been buckled, it's lost it's original strength. Thanks for the tip though - I may try that if I can't get a single one.

Best,
J.

Alloy Wheels Direct shut till 1st Feb , showing £1237 for a set of four.

Inchcape are showing £305 for a single wheel , so very similar prices.

Ive got a brand new wheel, the same design but its for the rear axle. part number is 1 digit out.

Ive got a brand new wheel, the same design but its for the rear axle. part number is 1 digit out.

What's the fitment ? 9.5 or 8.5 ?

If you had a pair of 9.5's I might be interested (means the 275 width tyre - I'd move the good rear alloys to the front wheels - currently all the same - and replace the rears with the larger alloys / tyres)

Does my car need any adjustments to get these alloys ? They are wider than my present tyres obviously, and I think you need airmatic for the 19 inch wheels, but obviously these are 18. My CLS is a diesel, with 18 inch wheels right now, no airmatic.

Regarding putting the rear 9.5" on the front it is not listed as a fitment on the alloy wheels direct fitting chart for your car so you you would be best trying one of your current rear wheels on the front and see if there are any clearance issues.

www.partsreunited.co.uk Fill out an enquiry and dealers will email you prices. The prices vary alot and I did get cheaper quotes than alloy wheels direct when I was looking for my alloys.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom