Bugatti Chiron in London this weekend....

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Outside the Park Tower Hotel Knightsbridge

Not curbed... Appears to be pinstriping.

I'll rephrase. The wheels 'should' be diamond cut but appear to have been painted / bodged due to curb damage rather than being re-cut:

d8ycDn7.jpg

Not curbed... Appears to be pinstriping.

In picture 3 - definitely nerfed a kerb. The rim's now out of round, reckon that'll judder a bit a 261 MPH..

Glad I won't have to pay for that.

Cheers,

Gaz

Amazing car. Stunning engineering. Glad there's peeps interested enough and rich enough to afford it. Without them these beasts would never leave the drawing board.

The rim looks more like it's had an adhesive trim put on it, like a wrap. Not all that well done either. You can see the original colour showing underneath where it's been damaged/distorted and a bubble in the next spoke down.

I'll second the thoughts about how great it is that these truly incredible, yet truly absurd vehicles exist. So great that VW are willing to make them. The motoring equivalent of an SR72.

Looks like some cheap Halfords-type rim tape to me. Applied very badly.

24fe2qx.jpg

I'll rephrase. The wheels 'should' be diamond cut but appear to have been painted / bodged due to curb damage rather than being re-cut:

In picture 3 - definitely nerfed a kerb.

The rim looks more like it's had an adhesive trim put on it, like a wrap. Not all that well done either. You can see the original colour showing underneath where it's been damaged/distorted and a bubble in the next spoke down.

Yep, pinstriping is just that - a film. The wheel itself is fine.

Not sure about that cracking on the disks - I had cracking on my E55K disks round the holes but nothing like that!

24fe2qx.jpg
[/QUOTE]

Pretty normal on the latest ceramic disks. I believe it's the grain of the fibre. Have a look at an Aventador, DBS, 911 etc. with ceramics and they will have what look like spiders web-style cracks but nothing to worry about. :thumb:

Slightly off topic. But did I hear the other day that a traffic warden wrote out a whole load of tickets to a bunch of foreign registered supercars in London recently ?

If true, how was the number plate read and inputted (is that a word..? inputted ?) Just curious if it is possible to type Arabic script in to the hand held thingymabob.

They take a picture of the car, including its reg plate.

there was a Chiron at Jack Barclay, Berkeley Square Bugatti, yesterday.

If the owner isn't bothered about the wheels looking sh!te with some cheap silver tape, then I hope whoever is cleaning it doesn't use acid wheel cleaner. Can say goodbye to those beautiful brake disks if so.

Granted brake dust is absolutely minimal with C/SiC brakes but a friend of mine learnt this the hard way with a new RS6. Used acid wheel cleaner himself and it trashed the disks. £9k for a new set please! :wallbash:

It's a debate for another thread but after owning a car with ceramics, in my opinion the negatives outweigh the positives ever so slightly. Braking force is ferocious even in a 2 ton German saloon but wear can only be measured by removing and weighing the disks, catch a disk when removing a wheel and they chip easily which weakens it (in a car with enormous disks and just 1cm clearance around the rim, that's difficult), they are very grabby when cold and they screech like a freight train when cold too.

£9k for a new set please! :wallbash:

For me, that negative outweighs any of the other negatives you stated!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom