Bugger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've been out in the car today and it all seems fine. Just body panels.

What happened... I was driving spirited, and when I went to brake the back rear near side locked up and spun me(been testing it today and that wheel locks under hard braking?) and sent me off up the kerb into an advertising sign.

I've protected no claims with a £700 excess so I'm going with the insurance.

It'll either get repaired or I may buy it back and get it repaired myself? I've had a quick quote somewhere and it'll probably be around £2k with second hand parts.

See what happens.

I've been out in the car today and it all seems fine. Just body panels.

What happened... I was driving spirited, and when I went to brake the back rear near side locked up and spun me(been testing it today and that wheel locks under hard braking?) and sent me off up the kerb into an advertising sign.

I've protected no claims with a £700 excess so I'm going with the insurance.

It'll either get repaired or I may buy it back and get it repaired myself? I've had a quick quote somewhere and it'll probably be around £2k with second hand parts.

See what happens.

I'd get that brake looked at too. They should never lock up with ABS etc.

I will once it's repaired. I think that was part of the cause. No excuse but I don't think it should have done what it did.

I'm in the repair place now and it's looking good for a repair.

I'd get that brake looked at too. They should never lock up with ABS etc.

Isn't the car also fitted with SBC? Even more reason for it not to lock up.

Can a rear wheel really pull a car round under braking? Surely, it locks up because there isn't much weight on it.

You need to be careful with your thread titles...you will be getting a ban and a week in the cooler...

Last edited:
Can a rear wheel really pull a car round under braking? Surely, it locks up because there isn't much weight on it.

You need to be careful with your thread titles...you will be getting a ban and a week in the cooler...

I dont get it. Whats wrong with the title of this thread?

You mean, to needle one of your Groupies.

Well worth 7 days out... :)

OK. I'll see you in Mid August….. :ban:

So here's another thread gone to the dogs then :(

fixed it :)
Eating-Popcorn-Soda.gif

delete

Last edited:
It's been assessed today and the repairer says all the rear suspension is 'loose', as in its not right.

I've a feeling this is a reason as to why it whipped round....

Anyway, looks like a write off.

Sorry to hear your bad news :( , but like previously stated it's only metal at the end of the day , your ok and thankfully no one else was hurt , :),,,,, hope you'll get something sorted

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom