Bugger

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Enjoy the new car - it's always a good day when you pick up a car.

But am I alone in being slightly shocked that that level of damage can send a car to the scrappers?

It's not really the level of damage, but the cost of repair. Mercedes panels etc. are expensive so it just becomes a purely financial issue.

All the back end underneath is damaged. It has abc suspension. And the assessor said there could be more damage once they start delving.

I personally wouldn't want to see that car back on the road unless I knew exactly what had been repaired on it.

As the handling pre-accident was a factor in your accident, is it possible that the car had already been (badly) repaired before you bought it?

I don't think the car had been crashed before, I do think there was something wrong underneath which may have had inferior work done to it.
It's a week since the accident now and having thought about it and spoken to people who know my driving ability and driving style, everyone seems to think there was an issue with the car before.

Yes I may have been going fast but it was also the first time I've really used the brakes in anger, and it just went spiraling away! Even in that situation I had the foresight to look over my shoulder, quickly assess I was skidding, take my foot of the brake and flick it back to get it going forwards again! It's not like I don't know how to handle a car.

So yes I do think there was a pre exsiting problem. But I don't want to detract from the issue of speed. I/we all still need to Appreciate how dangerous our high performance cars can be if we aren't sensible.

As the handling pre-accident was a factor in your accident, is it possible that the car had already been (badly) repaired before you bought it?

Is there anything in life you don't look to blame someone for?

The O/p drove onto a roundabout, nothing more...or less.

It's not like I don't know how to handle a car.

Was it your car we saw crashed in the first post? ;)

Last edited:
Was it your car we saw crashed in the first post? ;)

Yes it was.

Just like Lewis Hamilton crashes his car and so does Sebastian loeb

And I've owned up to driving fast in this instance.

A lesser driver in the same situation would probably have gone backwards through the sign(don't know if that's a good or bad thing:crazy:).

And has been said, although I'm not using it as an excuse, I do think there was a pre existing problem with didn't help the situation.

I don't think a car of such high quality with all the safety electronics should just snap 180 degrees under hard braking in dry conditions on a straight Road. Less speed would have made me not have to brake so hard, that's all.
I've used the same roundabout near enough daily for the last 20 years, fast and slow.

So yes I do know how to handle a car..... I used to drive a 250bhp hsr chevette with no safety electronics helping it stick to the road and I never crashed that handful! :doh:

That said, only I am to blame.

Yes it was.

Just like Lewis Hamilton crashes his car and so does Sebastian loeb

And I've owned up to driving fast in this instance.

A lesser driver in the same situation would probably have gone backwards through the sign(don't know if that's a good or bad thing:crazy:).

And has been said, although I'm not using it as an excuse, I do think there was a pre existing problem with didn't help the situation.

I don't think a car of such high quality with all the safety electronics should just snap 180 degrees under hard braking in dry conditions on a straight Road. Less speed would have made me not have to brake so hard, that's all.
I've used the same roundabout near enough daily for the last 20 years, fast and slow.

So yes I do know how to handle a car..... I used to drive a 250bhp hsr chevette with no safety electronics helping it stick to the road and I never crashed that handful! :doh:

That said, only I am to blame.

Ignore him.... for all our sakes :thumb:

Dieselman said:
Bugger off, stirrer. I note one of Sp!ke's cronies has thanked you. :)

Always so polite, aren't you?

Bugger off, stirrer.

I note one of Sp!ke's cronies has thanked you. :)

Charming aren't you?

I saw a post the other day where someone said they were surprised that when they met you you weren't remotely like you came across on the forum.

One can therefore only wonder why you feel it necessary to behave both rudely and antagonistically on the forum from behind the safety of your keyboard yet in real life you are a veritable pussy cat.

I suggest you ponder on that and how it makes you seem! If you need any help with working out what I mean by that just ask. I am very happy to elaborate (when I am good and ready of course) if needs be :thumb:

I suggest you ponder on that and how it makes you seem! If you need any help with working out what I mean by that just ask. I am very happy to elaborate (when I am good and ready of course) if needs be :thumb:

You make the (inaccurate) assumption, that I care what you think.

You would be unlikely to call me charming on meeting as I wouldn't chose to mix with you.

You make the (inaccurate) assumption, that I care what you think.

You would be unlikely to call me charming on meeting as I wouldn't chose to mix with you.

Instead of trying to be a smart alec with the 'oh so predictable replies', why not grow up a little and ponder on what, not I, but someone else said. You could actually learn something! :thumb:

Some of the worlds current emergencies:

How to stop Israel bombing Gaza out of existence and Hamas from contributing to Israel's aggression

How to stop IS terrorists from carrying out genocide against Iraqi Shia Muslims, Christian minorities & Kurds

How to stop the spread of fanaticism in the Muslim religion slowly engulfing central Africa and Asia

How the MBOC Forum can control the spread of anger and ire on totally innocuous posts that, at original post, seem to offer no opportunity for argument!?!

How to stop Israel bombing Gaza out of existence and Hamas from contributing to Israel's aggression

How to stop IS terrorists from carrying out genocide against Iraqi Shia Muslims, Christian minorities & Kurds

How to stop the spread of fanaticism in the Muslim religion slowly engulfing central Africa and Asia

How the MBOC Forum can control the spread of anger and ire on totally innocuous posts that, at original post, seem to offer no opportunity for argument!?!
Is this a quiz? Do we have to rank them in order of importance?

If you can sort out no. 4, I'll happily deal with 1, 2, and 3....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom