Build dates gle 350de

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

sws

Car
Soon to be GLE 350de
Hi all
New to this forum and MB (defected from JLR - never again!....) Have placed order for lease (via work) for new gle 350de hybrid. Anyone have any idea when likely build dates for the UK are? And then likely lead times for delivery? Normally I’d ask dealer, but as it’s lease via NHS dealer could be anyone/anywhere! Lease company pretty vague. Thanks

Hi we are in the same boat. We have ordered an EQC coming in November. The lease company will be Daimler Fleet Management. Have you been accepted and your line manager approved your application. You will just have to ring nhs fleet solutions for an update. It takes 3 months from the beginning to end of the process. The car will be from Bristol as per my registration number plate. Was it through the special offers or build to order? If it’s through special offers then it will come soon otherwise it’s a 4 month turnaround. I hope this helps. Also you need to check your emails if they have asked you to put in your license details. We are just waiting for the electric pod to be installed.

Thanks fuzzys - that’s very helpful. Rang fleet solutions few weeks ago and they said ‘Mercedes don’t give us a delivery date until they’re certain of time’ their best estimate as well into new year - ordered end august. It was a build order, but my main concern is that dealers don’t seem to have these to test drive etc at the minute and don’t seem to be many in the uk. Was wondering if there was a delay maybe in uk launch or if there was a date for mass build / uk import. Seems a bit daft they put them out for order but have no clue to delivery date!
I’ll maybe try them again next wekk and see if I get any further. Hopefully if it’s Daimler fleet solutions they’ll get some sort of priority on build dates etc.

Thought I’d update for anyone in similar position. Car arrived this week - so just over 4 months in total, which isn’t bad at all really. Wish they had kept me updated - had a week notice of delivery in the end! Very pleased so far. Shame lockdown means I can only drive to work though!!!

I ordered a Prem Plus GLE 350de a couple of weeks ago. They are talking about delivery in mid September. They haven't sorted the finance yet because a lot can change in 6 months... They have agreed to give me my £1000 back if they can't come to a deal that I like closer to delivery.

kinda the same position , found dealer that had a car with the correct spec on order in June, anticipating maybe this month Oct, so still waiting for the gle 350de prem plus, anyone driving one as yet,
re phev battery warranty. 8 yrs for the battery unit seems to be indicated
warranty for the car is either 3 or -5 yrs it would seem 2 yrs MB 1 yr dealer yet brochure says 5 MB –??
Will walk away if they remove anymore of the features due to shortages, which seems to change every email

kinda the same position , found dealer that had a car with the correct spec on order in June, anticipating maybe this month Oct, so still waiting for the gle 350de prem plus, anyone driving one as yet,
re phev battery warranty. 8 yrs for the battery unit seems to be indicated
warranty for the car is either 3 or -5 yrs it would seem 2 yrs MB 1 yr dealer yet brochure says 5 MB –??
Will walk away if they remove anymore of the features due to shortages, which seems to change every email

Dealer phoned me yesterday. They are expecting delivery in early November and we’ve started talking finance. Thanks to Covid, there’s a lot more equity left in my current W205 350e than we were expecting but this compensates for the fact that there is no wiggle room at all on the deal for the GLE

Just an update and a closeout to this thread. received the car on 22nd October and absolutely delighted with it. Augmented reality was missing due to chip shortage but they have said they will recall it when they get stock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom