Builder Required

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

R2D2

MB Enthusiast
Car
C350
I live in kent and am after a builder to design and build a 15m long wall. 4ft high piers and 2 foot wall with railings! Our council want us to have planning permission!!!!:eek:

Can anyone help?

I live in kent and am after a builder to design and build a 15m long wall. 4ft high piers and 2 foot wall with railings! Our council want us to have planning permission!!!!:eek:

Presumably because it's either within 2 metres of the roadway or you're in a conservation area.

Any bricklayer can do this job.

...asked 30 only two even bothered to come and have a look:confused:

It's a small job with little profit, not likely to attract much interest from the building trade.

You could advertise locally for a handyman ?

It's a small job with little profit, not likely to attract much interest from the building trade.

For the average self-employed builder, it is actually quite a reasonably sized job.

I wonder if we are answering the wrong question. There are plenty of self employed builders who could do this job, but the original poster asked for a builder who could "design and build" the wall.

Is the emphasis on *design* here? Could that be because the council wants to pass it by their building control officers, who will check that the design meets the building regulations?

That's different to planning permission, which is all about its size, appearance and location. Building regulations approval is about whether the wall will stand up (not fall on people) and last.

Some projects need planning permission. Others need building regulations approval. Some even need both.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom