Building Regs Part J and Balanced Flue Locations

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrahamC230K

MB Enthusiast
Car
Audi A3 & S4 quattro
Calling on the forum trades people, do we have anyone qualified to answer an enquiry relating to the postion of a balanced flue and how close I can locate a graden shed to it?

The general diagram in the Part J documentation I have found doesn't fully answer my question. It perhaps does, but I'd like to bounce my interpretation of someone qualified in terms of the regs before I locate the shed further away than I need to.

Figured I would wait and see if anyone thinks they can help before getting to the detail.

TIA

Graham

There are some good diagrams etc in the instructions of worcester boilers.

Available on line, choose a current model.

I've found a few useful diagrams already. I think my question too specific to be shown a diagram, well it hasn't on the ones I've seen so far anywhow, hence wondering if we had any persons able to comment here.

Ring up your local Council Building Control tomorrow - they will advise (as they police this stuff for all new builds and extensions). Usually a good bunch!

Ring up your local Council Building Control tomorrow - they will advise (as they police this stuff for all new builds and extensions). Usually a good bunch!

Thanks but they've given me differnt answers (depending on who I speak to) on much more basic topics than this. I don't really want to get into formalities of diagrams and what not with the council, just after an informal opinion from someone in the know.

Ah. The way it works is that the doc says what the rules are - you can't "fail" a rule they didn't include...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom