built in mic

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herishi

Car
2007 E280 Sport
Guys

I have an audio 20 HU and the option 386 MOBILE PRE.-INSTALLATION (MTUS)
there is the spiral connector to the arm rest but no phone dock.

Where is the mic for hands free located?
and is this the same mic used for linguatronic?

Thanks

steve

Mic usually in the underside of the RVM, yes also used for Linguatronic

whitenemesis said:
Mic usually in the underside of the RVM, yes also used for Linguatronic

Perfect thx

I think it's in the comfort light assembly

Attachments

• image-2677352541.jpg
    image-2677352541.jpg
    55.1 KB · Views: 28
That looks like the cabin temp sensor.

My CLS has 4 small grills on the underside of the RVM

I don't seem to have anything that resembles a microphone in the rvm

Attachments

• image-720813681.jpg
    image-720813681.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 22
I think my temp sensor is beside the steering wheel

Attachments

• image-1523119518.jpg
    image-1523119518.jpg
    44.1 KB · Views: 11
Whats at the top of the rear view mirror. 2007 E class should have multiple microphones in the mirror (can't remember whether it is 4 or 2, it has changed over time)

Richard

I'll have a look on the top of the mirror, I dont recall anything, I do have a "window" in the front of the RVM but not grills I can think of

just checked and there is a large "grate" in the nearside top of the mirror but it doesnt look like a mic grate

I think I must stand corrected, sorry to misdirect you...

I would think you are wrong there. Nothing to be corrected on what you said above ;) (of course I may be wrong, happens all the time :eek: ).

Early W211 certainly had the microphones (4 on the very early ones, later 2) at the bottom of the rear view mirror.

The W210 probably had one microphone at the roof panel. Then later MB models have the microphones at the top of the rear view mirror like Richard said, not sure if it was from 204 onwards and not sure about the W211 facelift.

The car may not have any microphones at all if it does not have the hands free kit. The rear view mirror would not have any microphone grills in that case.

The car in question is a 2007 facelift s211. There is nothing that resembles mic grills in the base of the rvm, nothing on the sides, a "window" in the front(not a clue what for) and a "grate" in the top.

The car has the connector in the arm rest and the cluster display has the telephone screen.

Thx

Steve

Some photos on the topic to illustrate the difference between the microphone positions on a W211 rear view mirror.

Attachments

• W211 pre-facelift microphones.JPG
    W211 pre-facelift microphones.JPG
    19.8 KB · Views: 9
  • W211 facelift microphones.JPG
    W211 facelift microphones.JPG
    43.4 KB · Views: 6
Mine is like the 2nd pic but the "grate" on the right of that pic is on the left on mine (I guess because I have a rhd car) but I don't think I have the "open grate" sections like shown on the left of the 2nd pic.

I've just been out to check and mine has the mics in the top, it's a mirror image of pic 2(excuse the pun)

I've just been out to check and mine has the mics in the top, it's a mirror image of pic 2(excuse the pun)

And i've just checked EPCnet for your car and you do have factory phone and factory dimming mirror on the data card. And you have now discovered where the microphones are :)

R

Thanks for everyone's help, much appreciated:)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom