Bulb help

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

CarolineT

Car
E320 Avantgarde Estate 2004
Hi,

I have s E320 Avantgarde Estate (2004)

My rear drivers side indicator bulb has gone, and I can’t seem to locate a replacement anywhere. Mercedes have advised me that I need to buy the complete board at a cost of £140 + vat... this seems a bit excessive just for a bulb!! Can any one help with this?

This is what Halfords lists for your car:

20181202-014954.jpg

I searched high and low and see nothing for the posters car . I think its the one you have to replace the whole rear light board .I am sure i have seen this on youtube .I am gone !

The job i can see is on youtube . On youtibe put in the search box - this
Mercedes W211 Tail Light And Bulb Repair Turn Signal Light Bulb Brake Light Bulb Replacment .

Sorry about this ,but only way i know how to get you to the page on youtube. And then i dont know if you can pick the bulbes up .Best option is the breakers yard and a quick swop out .

I searched high and low and see nothing for the posters car . I think its the one you have to replace the whole rear light board .I am sure i have seen this on youtube .I am gone !

Thanks for looking... I’m trying to avoid not having to replace the full board as everything else is working fine. Stupid money just for a bulb

Check out the car breakers it will be as good as a new one ..Just try them first and its only a bolt in board once you have one .Bulbs are not on the open market .Mercedes have sewn it up making these parts special and a dealers part only .

Can you post a photo of the old bulb?

Have you tried US sites ? They often list things that don't exist. In the past I've bought the most obscure bulbs. If it's a removable bulb it must be available.

WIS states the bulbs are not replaceable individually. Each bulb is soldered to the board.
The brake lamps (possibly others) are of a high pressure type, very prone to exploding if handled incorrectly.
Best advice is to get a replacement from MB or secondly from a breakers/ebay but be aware if buying secondhand, the part may be in a worst state than the one you're replacing.

As Markjay above post .. Looking again you can replace the bulb. Thats if you are handy with a soldering iron to remove the old one ..Then you can solder the new one in place .

As Markjay above post .. Looking again you can replace the bulb. Thats if you are handy with a soldering iron to remove the old one ..Then you can solder the new one in place .
If you can find a supplier of the HiP LED type lamps?

Don't you just love Mercedes. In what world would you not allow people to replace a light bulb! Anyone know if its true for the w219 rear lights as I was going to replace the 921 back up bulb?

Growncls 55 i can see the w211 is the same as above post , but no info on W219 Best to remove the side thats not working ,.Can you see a pocket in the boot its in the boot side trim at the rear of the light unit ?

Sadly the 219 is the same. Replace the whole board. I just wanted to put in some brighter LED reversing lights for better back up vision, but it all seems like way too much trouble now,

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom