Bulb not illuminating in instrument cluster

Discussion in 'Electronics' started by High-Lo, Oct 9, 2004.

1. High-Lo

High-Lo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
    Hi guys,

I have a bulb that isn't illuminating behind the petrol gauge which is annoying me. I bought 2 replacement 12v 1.2w bulbs today (with blue base) from the MB dealer and tried to fit it just now but its still not working :confused:

I even tried the 2nd new bulb just in case but still no joy. Any ideas if I could have a problem with the bulb socket? Its the only one that doesn't work - The rest of the dash lights up fine.

Any ideas greatly appreciated :)

Thanks,
    Steve

2. sym

sym Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    W204 C220CDI Sport
    sounds strange ..... must be a problem with the bulb holder maybe not making good contact with the cluster :( Have you tried another bulb from the cluster in there, that you know is working ? I guess there is the outside chance that they have sold you two dud ones !

S.

3. OP
    OP
    High-Lo

High-Lo Hardcore MB Enthusiast

Car:
    2013 X166 Mercedes GL350, Porsche 911 Carrera 4 Cabriolet, Porsche 968 Cabriolet
    Hi Sym - Yes I did try a working bulb too. It does seem if theres a problem with the contacts. Hope I don't have to buy a new instrument cluster - That could be quite expensive :(

Thanks for your previous guidance getting the thing out in the first place :)