bulb warning light w124

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tuscan_al

Car
S210 e430, w126 500se
My warning light comes on when turning to side lights. I have check the 6 culprits but they all work. Both number plate, rear side, and front side lights are on. Rears are both 10w.

Any clues?

Should I change fronts to be sure.

The bulb warning senses change in resistance I think. It can show a warning before the bulb actually blows. They can also be quite fussy about the bulbs used. Just had a tail light bulb go on ours. New bulb in but warning light still on. Tried another bulb and all fine.

To be honest I have been chasing this problem on the sidelight circuit for weeks now, it suddenly came on and all the bulbs were ok but I gradually set about changing all bulbs to the recommended from MB, cleaning the contacts, earths the lot and still the blighter comes on. It really does drive me mad, I can check the lights myself thanks very much and it being on all the time rather defeats the object of the thing.:doh: I would rather do without the annoying orange glow at night. Rant over that feels better.:crazy:

I'm with you 3 Phase.

Thanks nick I will try 5w bulbs, it is actually on a estate, so I need to update my profile too!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom