Bulbs!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Glideman

Car
1993 E220 Estate
I had a problem on mine when I got it it has a light on the dash that tell's you when any of the bulbs have blown. It came on when I was driving & I checked all the bulbs & they were all fine. I set off again & the light was off, no problems. Drove about 50 miles then the light came back on I then checked all the wiring with a multimeter & it all looked fine.

A couple of days later after loads of fault lights coming on for the bulbs I went to the dealers to get some windscreen wash & thought I'd get a couple of spare bulbs in case one blew whilst I was driving. Anyway on the way home the light comes on again I changed all the bulbs for genuine Mercedes bulbs & it's been right ever since!

Took the Merc bulbs out to see what the difference was & found out the bulbs were longer than ordinary ones! (see pics) the one on the right is a Merc bulb & the one on the left is from Halfords. I've never heard of a manufacturer making thair own bulbs but the ones from Merc have a part number on em'. Even the guy on the parts counter at Merc did'nt know they were longer.

Just in case any other nerds are reading this, this is the part number . . . N 072601 012190
download.php

Last edited:
you'll also find that the Halfords ones have a slightly smaller diameter on the chrome section and that the pins aren't quite the right offset

been there, suffered that annoying warning light problem as have many others :)

It's nice when you find out the cause of a problem though isn't it? - especially one as bizarre as this.

Andy

@ Glideman.
Can't see your piccies mate.
It says I am not authorised to view or download this attachment. :crazy:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
Top Bottom